Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is and will always be the Smith models 25 or 625 in either 45 acp or .45 Colt. I'm embarrased to say that even with my love for these models, I currently don't own one as I was forced to part with my last two and have not been able to afford another with their current values so high. Some day....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi Demented sorry to hear you had to part with your guns. I to had to sell off a bunch one time to stay afloat. I feel your pain.
My all time favorite is my 1978 Colt Python with a 6" barrel. My wife bought it for me that Christmas. It has many thousand of rounds through it and still shoots like it did when it was new. I like all makes of revolvers but that one is at the top of the heap and always will be.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. I have several but if pinned down, I'd say that my Model 24 S&W .44 Special is my favorite.

I don't "use" this favorite much, but it's a pleasure to shoot.

My most used revolver is a Model 642 or two:

I've found that the Model 642 is a most useful 24/7 revolver for pocket carry.

Best.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Almost certainly my customized S&W 65-5:

Unless it's my customized 36-1 . . . or my 625-3 . . . ???

·
Registered
361 Posts

Model 10 Heavy Barrel Shipped June of 1971.

We're plain but we're proud. My first handgun and still my very favorite. Bought it in December of 1975. It's had a ton of lead poured through its barrel, generally 158 grains at a time. I'm still waiting for it to break. It's going to the range this afternoon for some exercise.

A very close second is an 8 3/8-inch Model 17 I purchased new in 1980. It's going to the range this afternoon as well.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello demented,

I have several, but the S&W 642-2 is alway's around with me:

It seems the most "useful" of all of the revolvers I own.

Chris

·
Registered
354 Posts
Tough question. I'm fortunate to have a number of revolvers that would qualify. If faced with the prospect of owning JUST ONE, guess I'll go with a S&W mod. 29-2, 4" ("S" prefix). It's a classic and I could hunt with it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
This is a tough call, but only one, it would have to be my 4" 1967 M28-2 with pinned bbl, recessed cylinder and matching SN stocks.

Papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
That is a beauty you got there Papabear and that is a great photo. I never could take pictures worth a hoot. Good luck with her.

Best Baldy.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Baldy,

From what I see of your Python, that is a great photo. Right now I don't have outdoor capability, can I come visit and take some photo's at your place........

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hello Papabear come on down. The swamp is nice this time of the year. Warm days and cool evenings but it will not last long. Summers coming like a freight train on rails. Gators are about ready to start roming around so you got to be careful at night and keep the dog in.

Best Baldy..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Baldy,

Sounds like a rite nice place to be, Gators and all..........we got critters up here too, the two legged type, that's why I leave the dogs out..........they like fresh meat..

I was talking to a gentleman just a couple weeks ago in Tallahassee that told me when they have to kill a Gator they use a .22lr in the back of the head, but said it had to be in the right place or other wise you were in trouble. I asked why not use a .357 or .44 mag, he said it didn't make any difference you have to hit the right spot or you are still in trouble...... ::), I just said I would leave it up to those that know what they are doing, I would just read about it or watch it on the news a 10......

papabear

·
Registered
194 Posts
Like Stephen Camp, I've got to go with my Model 24 as my favorite revolver. Favorite gun, for that matter; best all around handgun I've ever owned, from casual plinking to hunting. The .44 magnum, much as I like it, does not stretch the capabilities that much further, at least not on this side of the Mississippi.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Of my two revolvers, it's my S&W 36, no contest. Maybe it's just because it was my first revolver, but it is definitely beautiful, and works like a charm. My Uberti Cattleman is good too, but can you really compare an Uberti to a 30+ year-old Smith?

G

·
Can I change my mind or ammend my answer? After shooting at a local range tonight I am hard pressed to give up my model 10 HB. While my j-frames are easier to carry, I am so accurate with my model 10 sometimes I wonder why I own any other weapons. At about 10 yards I was touching rounds in 3 and 4 shot clusters free hand.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts