Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Wes,

If your gut says to go with the 127gr, then that is what I would suggest. Over they years I have carried many pistols loaded with various 115gr JHP rounds, as they were my issued loads. I did not feel underarmed with them. But like you, I tend to prefer sort of splitting the difference between light and heavy, and try to end up somewhere in the middle with the 9mm round. When I have a choice I opt for 124 gr JHP, either the Gold Dot or some other respected brand. I have carried the Winchester Ranger 147 JHP in the past when it was issued and did not feel I was poorly armed either. But again, give me the choice and I try to split the difference. Especially as you noted, there have been some improvement in round performance in several brands now compared to days of old.

To me your gut reaction to go with the Winchester 127 JHP load makes a lot of sense. Just my thoughts, and others may offer different choices which is fine.

twoguns

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.