Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have no experience with the Bersa but would opt anyway for the Taurus snub...reliable, powerful general-purpose firearm suitable for CCW, hiking, camping, etc.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Paco,

I would buy the Taurus .357 magnum for its versitility of loads, i.e. .38/spl and reliability vs. simplicity.

I do not own the Bersa, but a lot of good things can be read about it on this board.

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the .380 as a caliber. I've seen too many shootings where it took too many rounds to finally penetrate to the important structures.

Accordingly, I'd vote for the Taurus. Although I'd recommend looking around a bit to try to find a used Ruger at the same price . . . just saw a nice one the other day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Bersa 380 (Series 95) and like it and picked it up used for less than $250.

I'm with Erich on looking for a used Ruger. My LNIB SP101 cost me $325, but I live in an area where Rugers are in demand.

If one only has $250 to spend there are several more options available, Macs, Keltec, but that was not your question. I guess my real answer is neither. poppy

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Whoa!

I'm deleting all threads concerning Ruger.

This is NOT a political board.

Thank you to those who kept their heads.

Think what you want about the politics of gun makers; just don't discuss it here.

Josh <><

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.