Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what pocket pistols we carry here. I carry a P32 but have a NAA .22Mag with the 1 1/8"barrel if I can't carry my P32. Appreciate your post and vote.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If I pocket-carry, it's either a Colt Agent or a Glock 26. It used to be just the Agent, but I've found the G26 works quite well in that role. I voted for the Agent, though, even though it mostly sits at home, hidden away for the wife's use nowadays.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always thought it sucks that Colt quit making the Agent...liked 6 rds. over 5 any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I only infrequently put a gun in my pocket (when I do it is often a J-frame for the outer coat pocket).

On the rare occasion for a pants pocket carry it is most often an old bobbed hammer Airweight Cheif and carried either in the Uncle Mikes pocket holster or a Talon kydex made by Mike Benedict...nifty rig.

Press on,
Jim

G

·
S&W 442 with 158 gr LHPSWC +P. More utility and quality per ounce than anything else out there. Have had this one ten years and about 1000 rounds now, and never had cause to pull the sideplate or do anything to it. Haven't had too many guns that were that way out of the box.

The wife has had a M37 Airweight for 28 years now. Dehorned it long ago and slicked it up a little; it is actually just a bit handier than the 442.

It's awfully hard to beat a nice J frame in your preferred flavor.

·
Registered
180 Posts
KT P-32 in a Hedley holster (the one with the spare mag in it) loaded with Fed H/S.

Have carried frequently my SP 101 or my Bersa .380 in the pocket in my shorts and some dress slacks (with big pockets
).

But the true "go everywhere" pocket pistol is the P-32.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I voted for the Kahr PM9, it's the largest pistol I can easily carry in my pants pocket. I made a holster for it out of a sunglasses case, just to keep the lint/etc. out of it. A fat, leather holster just bulges too much.
I'd vote second place for my KelTec P32, smaller and nice when no bulge at all is wanted. Second place only because of less "firepower" ??? ::), whatever that is!
Cheers,
og

G

·
J FRAME, .38, AND .357, ALL THE WAY !! MADE OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL, AND THE OLD TOOLED ACTIONS GUN NOT MIM CASTING ,

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

I carry everyday the Kel Tec P 32 in the DeSantis Nemesis Holster everyday now. My carry load is Federal Hydra-Shoks.
Compared to the all steel guns in its class, it is a feather
weight and sometimes you actually forget you are carrying it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Strider, I agree on the Agent - I feel fortunate to have found such a nice one that's just worn enough that I don't feel bad using it. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J FRAME, .38, AND .357, ALL THE WAY !! MADE OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL, AND THE OLD TOOLED ACTIONS GUN NOT MIM CASTING ,
Calm down now Jonboy...breath..breath..

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stephen, have you thought about the Kahr PM9...it's a tad smaller then the G26. Been thinking of getting one meself.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. I tried one some years ago, but it was one of the first producted. Unfortunately that gun would not function properly with +P ammunition. The slide would prematurely lock back with rounds still in the magazine. Kahr and I tried several solutions, but none worked. The difference between it and the K9 was in the weight of the slide stop lever and the method by which it was sprung. The gun worked fine with standard pressure loads. I got rid of the gun. It was workable in size and in more recent times, I've shot the polymer framed Kahrs in the P9 and compacts with no problems.

I might look into them again.

Take care and best.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Colt Pony Pocketlite .380, loaded with Federal 90gr. Hydra-shocks.

Dehorned the slide myself as well as stippled the frame's frontstrap. Also beveled the back edges of the trigger to avoid pinching. Run a 12lb. single Wolff recoil spring.

Leather pocket holster was made by a co-worker who used to do leatherwork a lot before his wife became an invalid. He wrapped my gun in heavy paper, I showed him how I wanted it cut, and he did the rest of it without the gun. I did have to wet-mold the holster myself.

Carried a lot and shot a little. ;)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Rusty...I think there is a pattern there...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts