Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what carry holsters most us use more than anything else. I use a Blade-tech Universal IWB w/J-hooks the most for my Glock 19, with a Galco Matrix Beltslide coming in second. Truthfully the holster used the most is an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster #2 for my Keltec P32 as I carry it always.

G

·
Sparks 55BN, & Davis Liberty.

Both holsters are used on duty and have done well.

Just picked up a Commander, so am looking at a Hienie DOJ.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Galco pocket holster as I always tote an S&W snub. With my newest addition, a fine gift from a fine friend, my 1911's will be carried in an Alessi CQB. BHP's are frequently carried in either Fobus paddle holsters or either of a couple of belt slide rigs.

Best.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Strider,

The only one I use is a DeSantis belt scabbard. I ditched the holster when I had my Smith Model 19 in favor of Mexican carry. I have an IWB still sittin' around here someplace. My "box of holsters" is starting.

Truth is, my carry pistol came with the lefty DeSantis and it's been so comfortable I've seen no real need to change.

Next I'll try Kydex but not in the cold we're having now. Too many plastics have broken already. Kydex will most likely be summer carry.

Josh <><

G

·
Uncle Mike's pistol pocket holster for the "always" 442.

Sparks #200AW "Hank Sloan Special" for the 4" .357 since 1981; now on my second one. I understand that Elmer used this same model for his 4" M29 for years. good choice.

For field use for the .357, the military flap holster that has belt hooks for the military pistol belt and also belt slots. Very comfortable, secure, very good protection for the gun.

Occasional use of Ruger .45 convertible, old Lawrence #120 Keith holster (now about 35 years old). Occasional carry of 1911, old Sparks belt slide or M1916 military holster for the field.

Not to mention enough in the holster box to start my own display rack.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

A Strong Holster Company Pancake holster with thumb break for my Glock 23 and a DeSantis "Nemesis" inside the pocket holster for my Kel Tec P-32.

I use a Galco Avenger for my 1911 and Browning HP style pistols.

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My SmartCarry is presently my most used holster. Oddly, I'm not wearing it today. :-/

I have a DeSantis pocket holster for a J- or D-frame that I used to use a lot more than I do now. The SmartCarry just makes it easier to carry a semiauto in my usual dress mode, though, so I find that's what I use nowadays.

G

·
Josh and all,

For my revolvers I use leather, exclusively. One Galco for my 4" Anaconda and a El Paso Leather "Threeperson's style" for my 4" N-frames.

In semi-autos Blade-Tec kydex is my preference. Have them for all my semi's. Perfect for our wet nasty conditions. Fast, too.

That being said, business suit or quality street clothes demand the use of leather. I use a early Milt Spards Roadrunner for my 1911 Commander. My BHP 9mm rides in a rig done by Horseshoe Leather Co. "Best" grade work by Andy Arratoonian. I recommend Sparks or Horseshoe. I'm giving the Sparks 55BN the eyball now. May put the new CZ-75 in that(or kydex).

All the best,

Wes

G

·
DeStantis "Inner Piece" for the 1911 concealed carry. An old Gordon Davis "Liberty" for woods wandering with that pistol. I use one of Gordon's Mexican loop holsters when hunting most of the time, just slide it off my cowboy action shooting gunbelt and slip it on my hunting belt. An Uncle Mikes pocket holster helps keep the 642 from wearing holes in my vest pocket. Bianchi Cyclone for the N-frames.

G

·
Sparks VM-2 for carry, along with his belt, mag holder and flashlight holder. Before my company made it taboo to carry on the job I wuld wear it at work for the 14 or so hour shift and never be uncomfortable. After 4 years, the holster still retains my pistol well, the belt looks like heck from abrasions, but still supports the rig, and the mag and flashlight holders are doing their job flawlessly.

Now, my favorite holster maker is Gordon Davis. I have his leather also, but it's for my 5" 1911's, all OWB, and not used for carry as often as the VM-2.

G

·
Lately my most used holster has been my C-TAC from Comptac. This is for my xd.

My next most used holster would by my watch-six from Milt Sparks. This one's for my 1911.

I just recieved two JIT holsters from Don Hume. They might just hit inside that most used catagory.

Steelheart

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anybody used one of those clip holsters that you mount on your gun...heard that they would bend too easy.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello,

I use two Mitch Rosen 5JR-EXP's, one for my 9's and one for my 40's, High Powers that is.

For Mag Carriers, Mitch Rosen & Galco.

For my J-Frames, mostly a Galco Ankel Glove.

For Gun Belts, I use Galco's CB2 & CB3.

Take Care,
THE SOCKMAN

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Strider,
The question that crosses my mind every time I se an advert for them is, "Why would someone purposely ADD something to there gun that will SNAG on things?" I saw an advert for one for 1911's and instantly thought, "Oh, that would be nice to have in the way when you go to clear a jam."

·
Registered
62 Posts
My new carry holster is a Hoffners ITP Ultrux made out of Kydex for my 1911.

Giving it a work out and so far I like it.

I had a leather ITP PRO that is a leather holster by the same maker and if you have a dehorned pistol, it should last and serve quite well.

For my 686 (6 " barrel) an unknown make thumb break holster on a duty belt.

Mab D in a sleeve type IWB holster unknown maker

Regards, Mueller

G

·
I use the Defender bellyband from www.action-direct.com most of the time. I have some kydex holsters paddle holsters that I wear sometimes when teaching a class or other non uniform duty that doesn't require concealment.

I have three Uncle-Mike's kydex IWB holsters for my G27, my 1911, and my 4006. They are okay, but the belt attachment is not the best in the world, and UM did not do a good job when shipping them to me. The 1911 was back ordered, but they didn't denote that on the invoice. I had to call to see why it hadn't shipped. Then after some time had passed I had to call to check on it. It finally came in after I left a few heated voice mails.

I have a Blade-Tech UCH for my Ruger P95 that is pretty good.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a sidenote, scuttlebutt is that Fobus is coming out with a IWB...seriously. been debating getting a bellyband myself.

G

·
Wild Bill's Concealment paddle holster. The hip plate is leather and the holster sits closer in than the Bianchi paddle holsters. This one hugs the belt very tightly. Use one for my H&K USP Compact and another for a Colt Commander in .38 Super. Easy on, easy off, but it stays where you put it. The angle is also adjustable.

G

·
SAC and Josh know I have a bunch of holsters. I use an Alessi CQC-I the most. It is an IWB and is truly an easy on and easy off holster. Regards, Richard:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts