Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd imagine what works for the sp101 3 1/16" will work for my 3" model 36.

not wanting the cheap nylon, nor do i want to have to take out a loan for a descent leather rig.

i need OWB with the thumb snap.

what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks like it will do the trick. it covers the trigger, covers all of the barrel without excess holster (i hate that empty holster part of a one size fits some holster), and a thumbsnap.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Howdy Mr. Jerry. :)

I have a 3" GP100 that I carry IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. It's the only "dedicated" holster I have for that gun. In short, it's the only holster I use for that gun.

I guess you could say that I like that model of holster, as I'm waiting on one for my Hi Power.
I'm debating, to have Matt Del Fatti make me a holster for my 1911 or my Hi Power. I'll carry the Hi Power more, so that may be an easy choice for me.

Biker

·
Registered
357 Posts
My 3 inch J frame is classic so wanted a holster to match. It's from Rich Bachman at Old West Reproductions. He is mostly a Cowboy holster man but does make a few for more modern Handguns he likes.

Boats

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am not sure Rick Bachman will make one for a new "magnum frame" J Smith. They are slightly larger than 36's and older J's not a lot but enough the fits are different. El Paso will though they have patterns for the older and new models.

Boats

·
Registered
580 Posts
I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.

There I was, talking about an IWB Holster and No Thumb Break, thinking that was what you wanted. Instead I gave you the exact opposite. :-[

My apologies sir, no excuse.

Now, as far as an OWB with a Thumb Break, I have no clue, as I don't use that type of holster.

Biker

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i bough a ROSS OWB rig. fits 3" model 36 HB like a glove. the retaining safety strap actually goes around the trigger guard and is deactivated by your middle finger during the draw.

this holster was not bought for CCW reasons but as a house gun holster or winter CCW rig if my wife chose so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.