Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around the sites for a good M13. I want a blue, 4", heavy barreled one but I haven't seen one except maybe a Blue,3" that was being sold as a FBI model. I use to own the M13 and loved it. I sold it when I left Oregon back in the 90's and haven't run across one in any of the shops I visit . Plenty of 65's in 4" .

What happened to them?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The 3" RD Model 13 were not produced in the same numbers as other K Frames. It is a question of availability. I was able to get a good price on a rather ratty RCMP (their name) pinned barrel Model 13 but mechanically it was ok. The 4" SBs are easier to find than the 3" RBs. I would have no objection for a M65. You can get a light sandblast to take out dings and the satin finish is very nice. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy folks,

As I have said before, pre-lock Smith revolvers of any flavor and condition, are simply hard to find in my neck of the woods. I was in my buddy's store last weekend and was shocked to find both a model 65 3", two model 65 4", and a 6" nickle model 19 - all prelocks and all in excellent condition. I actually helped sell the 3" model 65 to a couple where the hubby, a retired USCS Inspector, was purchasing a revolver for his wife. We changed grips around on it until she found the one she liked the best, did the paperwork, and walked out with a huge grin on her face.

Over the years I have simply not seen that many blue 3" model 13s to be honest. I think the vast majority produced went to the FBI back in the day when that was their issued handgun. So as has been noted already, they are very hard to find for sure.

I have no idea if my buddy still has a 4" model 65 in stock or not, or the 6" model 19. But they were in excellent shape, as I could not resist checking them out. Mr. Spikey614, if they might interest you, yell and I will call my buddy to see if he still has what you want. If he does he will be happy to stick it in his safe for now to give you time to work things on your end. Just let me know sir, as I would be happy to help you out if I could.

twoguns

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw about 3 on GB.com today before coming here. I guess ask and you shall receive. I may even bid on one as they are just what I want. Still a 65 might be nice in 3".

Nice one Doug.

·
Registered
645 Posts
+1 with canon6 and twoguns, I know I won't get rid of mine this time, like a dummy, I sold mine to a friend that talked me out of it back in '99 and two years ago I decided I wanted another one and it took me over a year to find this one, I had looked all over from Ky to Fla and found this one in my own back yard for $210 OTD at my local dealer, I added the combat stocks latter, this one is staying home.

papabear

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I wish I had a model 13. The funny thing is I have the box one of them came in. I bought a used model 28 in 4" and it came with the model 13 box. I guess the model 13 has the 28 box. ::)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Strange,

Here in Switzerland, old S&Ws - often in pristine condition - stay for monthes or years in dealers' showcases. Same for "classic" autos (DA/SA). Glock rules. I wish I had the money to salvage all these beauties.

Bye.

L.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Code:
Here in Switzerland, old S&Ws - often in pristine condition - stay for months or years in dealers' showcases.
Larry- You're killing me. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have been wanting one for a long time but they are pricing to high for me. You rarely see one and when you do it's gone at some crazy price. PapaBear takes the cake though. That is a beauty for sure.

Best, Baldy

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 for -papabear, Now I have to really get one. The ones I've seen lately are around the $400.00 price. Some of them are nice and in near mint condition. Those stocks really set that 3"revolver off nicely.

You guys are WAY COOL!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wanted a 3" Revolver in .357 Magnum as an off duty carry gun.

I looked at the Model 13 and 65 but decided on a Ruger GP100 because it's a little "stouter" and I was afraid I'd run in to trouble with the K-Frame and "full house" loads.

My "pusher" got a bunch of 64/65's in not too long ago. I think all the 3" versions went out in less than a week. To me it's the perfect carry gun, a 3" .357 Magnum.

Biker

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well now I've got a M 65, 3" on hold. I picked up my M 649 and there it was sitting in the case. It looks almost new and it has the wood grips. It's no M13 but it'll do. I can't get it until my B'day in Feb because I told my wife I wouldn't get anymore till then. I want to get a set of grips like papabear has on his M13. Thanks guys, at least I'm getting over my HP addiction.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I haven't seen a 13 in any barrel length for sale in ten years. It took me the better part of two years to find a pristine 3" 65 and I had to pay a PRISTINE price for it, too! Were I have to keep just one handgun, I'd really have trouble deciding whether to keep my 65 or my 3" 66. I'd actually keep one of these before I would my HiPowers or 1911's, as much as I love single action pistols. My father, in his later years was unable, due to loss of hand strength, to retract the slide of a pistol. For this reason a revolver will be what I rely on if I live that long!

·
Registered
392 Posts
i had two 4" bull barrel model 13s about 2 years ago, let one go, still have one, and im begining to think i made a mistake in letting the other go....i figured they would be plentiful like the model 10s.....

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
HA!

Model 10's are drying up too. 85-95% run of the mill 10's are $300 and up now.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just got a LNNB (like new no box) M13-3 3 incher at local gunshow. $325 It is rare to even see a decent S&W revolver at these local shows. Fortunately there are still some old timers left that just won't access the internet. It is sighted in for 125's at 25 yds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts