Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Circumstances recently forced me to sell all of my guns.

To my good fortune, however, I just found a NIB CZ-75 B on sale for $470. The trigger was very nice, so I put it on layaway, and I should have it by the end of next month.

It'll be good to have something that goes "bang" again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 75B is a wonderful handgun. I put a stronger (Wolff) recoil spring in mine and added some factory rubber grips and she was good to go. I keep mine stoked with 124gr +P Gold Dots. Stephen Camp has some excellent information on his website about the 75.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi chubbypidgeon,

Congradulations! Please feel free to share a range report when you finally get it in hand.

The CZ-75 is an excellent choice!

Chris

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
A friend of mine found a 75B in satin chrome--nice, but used--at the gun show on Sunday for $425. He asked the guy what he'd take for it, bottom dollar, and was quoted $350. I told my friend if he didn't buy it, then by golly I would. He did, and after one short range session, he was a believer.

Hogue makes their wraparound grips for it if you're so inclined.

Have fun! If you're only going to have one gun, there are many others that wouldn't be nearly as good.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Chubbypigeon,

As your good fortune continues to improve, you might also consider adding the Kadet (22 lr) to your stable. I have heard good things about it and, of course, it is less expensive to shoot than the 9mm but you are practicing with a very similar piece.

PGM

·
Registered
37 Posts
CZ makes a grade gun and is well known outside the US (it is one of the more prolific military sidearms of the world). They are getting more attention around here, and the price is starting to reflect it. Still a really good deal for a pistol of that quality. I think one of the appeals is the dual carry mode many CZ's have: depending on ones preference, one can carry hammer down, Traditional double action, or single action, conditon 1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Through a stroke of pure luck, I just managed to get my Model 19 back, too! I feel MUCH better, now.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there chubbypidgeon,

I bet you do feel better!

Life is too insecure to be without at least one handgun and the M-19 is a fine one!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello to Chubby and everybody.

I have been out of the loop for a while due to shift change, cpu problems, etc..etc..

I too sold my only two firearms in order to help out a family member in need, so I know the feeling. It stinks. :-[

Anyway, I am back on track and found an affordable pistol which I get to pick up on the 25th. Unfortunatly it is not a real Browning, but I can shure live with it though. It's a Charles Daly HP. I got a pretty good deal from the guy in Aberdeen, so I'll be throwing brass soon. I played around with one before and found it to be very compatable. The one on hold is real smooth and has an excelent finish.

Anyway, it's great to be back on the forum

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello, sir. That is a good looking Pre-B. If you enjoy yours half as much as I've enjoyed mine, you'll
most likely agree that the money was well-spent!

If interested, here are some observations on the CZ-75:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

I've had my Pre-B guns since the mid to late-'80's and this one has had the frame and guts hard chromed. The grips were made by a gunsmith in Colorado, but I flat cannot remember his name right now. The Kadet .22 conversion will work fine on these pistols as well as on the B versions.

Best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will love it, I bought my SA version about 6 months ago for about $460, best shooter I have, here is a target I shot at 25ft. with 20 rds., 10 or 11 went into the same hole.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got my first CZ a couple months ago. A Satin Nickel 83 in 9x18. The next gun on my "must have" list used to be a 1911/clone as I don't have one yet but I think now it's gonna be a CZ 75 PCR.

Ed

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello, sir. That is a good looking Pre-B. If you enjoy yours half as much as I've enjoyed mine, you'll
most likely agree that the money was well-spent!

If interested, here are some observations on the CZ-75:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

Best.
Thanks Stephen, and I've read your observations on the CZs as well as the HiPowers.

Although this is my first Pre-B, it's not my first CZ. I've have a few more than "several" at last count. I've yet to find one I don't like. In that respect, they are a lot like HiPowers. :)

Regards,

--
Mike

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I bought a 75b S/A last year and I think it's right up there with my HP practical. I talked to Angus (The CZ rep and shooting team captain) in May at a gun show and he said to send my 75 to him and he would smooth it out to shoot like the tactical sport. I haven't sent it yet but I'll let you know how he does with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts