Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

First, my sincere congradulations on your latest purchase! You indeed must be one of the happiest shooters in Switzerland to land such a prize.

Please keep us updated when you get it in hand!

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

What a find indeed!

I didn't realize until rereading your above post what a fine collection of Walthers you did indeed have in your collection! I did a "double take" when I looked at the photo you posted because the external appearance of your soon to be new Walther looks very similiar to the J.P. Saurer and Sohn H-38!

When you get it in hand, I hope that you will favor us with a range report!

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

There is something definately missing in my "collection" that I will have to rectify soon with my scant Walther collection. Maybe there will be a Walther PP on the horizon for me as well.

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

Well, maybe I'll do some shopping around the pawn shops on Monday and see what's out there.....I've found that they are the best source of "used" handguns with the best prices.

I'd really enjoy having a European Walther vs. the US assembled/manufactured ones.

Southern Ohio Guns has some Manhurin PP's for sale, but the wholesale is above $500.00!

(Ouchhhhh!)

They are very nice handguns. Please keep us posted on your latest!

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Larry,

When do you think you'll have it in hand?

I'd really enjoy hearing about the 9mm Police in your new aquisition. How does it compare ballistically to the .380 or 9mm Luger?

Just curious as it is a relatively unknown round on this side of the ocean.

I'd dearly like to talk my brother in Virginia out of his Walther PP (Nazi manufacture), but I am afraid it would be difficult at best.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.