Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a companion to my CZ 75B. My initial thought was a BHP, but the pricing has put me off a bit. My local FFL has been attempting to interest me in a polymer framed 9mm. Among the ones I have looked at I like the Walther P99 the best. Any opinions on the P99?

Thanks,

G

·
I have two Walther P99s; one chambered in 9mm and the other chambered in .40 S&W (with an extra Bar-Sto 357SIG barrel). Both of them have the DA/SA trigger system. I like them both... their ergonomics are great IMO and reliability has been 100% with both. Accuracy (for me) is about the same as my Glocks, i.e., good - very good. One observation is that the .40 S&W feels fairly snappy due to the P99's light weight compared to some of my other guns in that caliber.

G

·
Have you looked at a BHP from CDNN? New, 9mm w/SFS system, or 40 in standard configuration, $399. I got one of the SFS 9mms last summer and it's my favorite shooter - also my IDPA gun.

G

·
If you don't all ready own one, buy a 1911 in .45 ACP; the finest semi auto in the world. Almost 100 years old and still on top!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts