Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a sight that has some NYPD trade-ins on S&W Model 10's. Some holster wear, from what I can see in the pics, but nothing terrible. Just makes the revolvers have "character"

Anybody want to venture what a fair price would be so I can compare it to where I saw them? I'm willing to bet these being trade-ins were probably carried alot - shot a little, so if I can live with some wear, then i might be able to pick another decent revolver. Kind of a classic in fact.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. It sort of depends on what part of the country you're in, but I'd venture about $200 to $250 since the Model 10's are popular and these will not have the dreaded lock.

Best.

G

·
Yes, the Smith & Wesson Model 10 (aka the Military and Police Model) was the most popular LE revolver of the 20th century.

Mr. Camp's estimates are about right, but these may be wholesale prices and you might have to pay more, which is O.K. because they are solid handguns. These "turn-in" police revolvers can be outrageous buys because, as you indicated, they have been carried much and shot only at periodic qualifications --- just enough to slick up the actions really good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nod - sounds about right. Looks like thats the price range they are quoring - closer to the $ 250 mark though
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If it's Bob Vivas' site, he'll take care of you. I turned a friend of mine onto his Model 10s (my friend needed one for the National Police Shooting Championships last month), and he wound up buying two from Bob for what most folks would pay for one. His prices were more than fair. They cleaned up real nice. Real nice - you know how most cop guns are carried more than they're shot.

If it's not Bob Vivas' site, run a Google for "R.M. Vivas and Son" - Bob posts a lot at the S&W Forum and is a class act. :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Erich,

Do you have a web address for Mr. Viva's? I'd sure like to take a look at what he is selling in the way of M-10's.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts