Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have admired from afar the single action revolvers of United States Fire-Arms Co. Unfortunately, I have yet to examine, let alone fire one. Might those here with personal knowledge of this company's products share their impressions?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and many thanks for the reply. Quinn's review is another vote for USFA's handguns. Collectors' Firearms in Houston has a truly beautiful "pre-war" style USFA .44 Special SA offered at the moment. Seeing it on their Web site has again piqued my interest.

By the way, I too own and enjoy shooting Uberti's revolvers, especially their large frame .32-20 offered through Navy Arms.

--c

G

·
I will also endorse the Uberti made copy of the S&W Russian #3 in .44 Russian. Lots of fun. But stick to smokeless loads as the gas ring is not present and the blackpowder loads gum them up fast. Post some pictures when you get that revolver.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have looked quite a few. If I have this right they are made in the old Colt factory. I know they "feel" like Colts.

Rumor has it they are considerably better than 3rd gen. Colts, perhaps equal to or exceeding 2nd gen.

I have no excuse for not having a couple - one does not get just one SAA right?

Jim

G

·
Hello to all! I'm new & glad to be here........I have a couple of USFA's.......an older OmniPotent Target and a new premium grade SAA, both in .45 Colt caliber. I'll have to agree with Jeff Quinn's words, "The action feels "right", smooth yet precise, on my new one & the finish makes it truly a thing of beauty. Don't get me wrong, my other one is well crafted, too, it's just I'm still in the "honeymoon period" with the new one. I think they're well worth the money I paid for them..........Good Shooting! JD45

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, jd45, and welcome to the forum. I just don't hear anything derogatory about the SA revolvers of USFA. Have you tested their accuracy?

G

·
Corky, both guns group well at 25yds & shoot to POA with the right bullet weight. The new SAA likes, believe it or not, a 225gr..... 250's strike a little high, whereas the OmniPotent likes 250 or 255gr bullets. JD45

1 - 8 of 8 Posts