Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to say this is my first thread and post at Handguns & Ammunition. Hello everyone.

Now, Just for the record I have only been shooting for about 3 years now. I just purchased some TulAmmo for the first time. I got a 100 round box of 9mm 115gr FMJ BrassMAXX. It is pretty dirty as many have said on the net, and I have shot 90 rounds of it so far with no issues. Looking at the last 10 rounds I noticed some powder in the box and then my eyes gazed on this beauty. Attachment Below.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this from factory ammo?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've never seen anything like that. Probably a good thing you saw it before loading. No telling what it would of done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is it the Brassmaxx made in Italy or the stuff that comes from the Balkans? I've had zero problems from the ammo made in Italy. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with the Balkan/brass TulAmmo, but rounds like that were unfortunately too common with good old American-made AMerc ammo.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I also have some of the Italian Tula Brass Maxx. I'll be sure to INSPECT any and all Tula ammunition before loading in my magazines. All I need is the time to go shooting. Seems the man (my employer) wants me to work a gazillion hours of O.T. to keep the turbine turning.

Any way, you should inspect any and all ammunition before you shoot it. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Damaged cases like you found are not common but they are not un-heard of either... I have seen them over the years in most major brands... it is simply a matter of the bullet not being correctly aligned when being seated...

I've also found ammo with no primer and primers seated upside down...

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. Seems like this just happens sometimes and I was lucky enough to catch it and unlucky with this batch of rounds. Will be inspecting each round from now on.

/////===///
/ /c/
/ /

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, you leave more for the rest of us.
If you read the thread, you would see that it mentions ammo from a number of countries, but Russia is not even discussed.
Use whatever ammo you want, but try to actually read a thread before you post some vague, negative comment.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've never seen a damaged round in factory ammo, but since demand is up I'm sure a few will slip by now and then. Quality control seems to have slipped in general. Glad you caught it before you attempted to shoot it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
This coming weekend heading down to the farm in W.V. and do a little BHP & M1 Garand shooting (and visiting immediate family also). I'm curious also about this Turkish ammo. I have about 400 rounds about ready to be going down range. Pictures and amateur reporting to follow up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Chamber tolerances being so tight im not convinced that round would have even chambered. But it sure makes a good case for reloading so you can controll quality.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts