Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been offered a Colt Trooper, Mk III in .22LR. I wasn't even aware that this model had been made in .22. It appears to be 100% w/ box and papers. The seller wants $360. The only rationalization that I can come up w/ for purchasing such a large frame .22 is that it should accrue in value and would also offer inexpensive double action revolver practice. Good buy at that price? Thanks. --c

·
Registered
399 Posts
Two words. Great buy! Grab it up and get the box and papers and anything else you can with it. If it is near 100% check out prices on Gun Broker and see what they are selling for. If you don't want to keep it take it over on the Colt site and sell it. I would say it would go for $500 plus. It's not super rare but Colts are going out of site. Good luck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. You've convinced me, although I must admit that I didn't need much of a push. Of course, yesterday my home AC went out, my lawn tractor broke, and I finally had to write the check to the IRS. As I once heard a student comment before class, "Things do be colliding in my life." --c

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got an opportunity to shoot a .22 Trooper MK III last summer. I'd never fooled with one before. This one shot like a rifle. You did well to snap that one up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts