Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if my problems with my Glock 17 (G17) accuracy are not caused, by the way my index finger is applying pressure to the trigger. We all know that I shoot single action 1911A1s more than any other pistol. I shoot the 1911A1s using the pad of my trigger finger. When I shot the G17, I also used the pad of my trigger finger. I am wondering if I should not be using the area closed to the distal joint. The distal joint is the joint closest to the fingertip.

I also wonder about the proper position of the finger on a Kahr K9/K40. Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Richard,

Not necessarily, but shooting several different types of action systems will require getting used to each one. As you well know, the SA is the easiest to shoot accurately. Particularly when the trigger has been "set-up" right.

You might want to consider the the 3.5 pound disconnector (factory) if you need a lighter trigger pull for "target work".

When I shoot my G-23, I just seem to have to "work at" it more.

Chris

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Richard, you didn't say what trigger you have. The "New York" triggers replicate a revolver's double action trigger pull. Using the distal joint position would give more leverage for that pull.

Otherwise, I would recommend trying different hand positions. It might just be the Glock's wider grip is a factor.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
One thing I have noticed on students who have medium to short fingers is that the flesh between the knuckles (the base of the finger and the first joint out from the hand) sometimes rubs the frame of a Glock just behind the trigger well.

This can cause right handed persons to shoot left and left handed persons to shoot right.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was allowing the Glock 17 trigger to go too far forward after a shot. If I only allow it to go to the reset point I shoot it well. How do I know this? I shot the G17 and Para again today. The Para did not shoot the way I expect my 1911s to shoot and it will go to see Marianne Carniak for a tune up. Regards, Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts