Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
new to the fourm,,
own 2 HP and a few kimbers and colts.
a major Browning fan since i was teething i believe..
but,,got the wheel gun bug for the thunder ranch 21-4
found a good price, 679.00 and seeing as most 44 cal handguns in S Cal are in the 600 range, couldnt say no to that little gold logo...
anyways,,
really enjoy shooting it..after so many years (9) with out a revolver it was different to say the least
My last revolver was a 629 and though I enjoyed shooting it, it was tiresome after 100 rds or so
Ran 200 thru the TR last week, and then another 300 thru some assorted semi's
great day of shooting..
anyways,
anyone else liking the 21?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'd like to have a 21, but for something so traditional looking I could do without the logo. (With apologies to Clint Smith, et al.)

The new 22 TR has really grabbed my attention, though, and I'm having problems not dipping into my truly meager savings to buy one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ordered a mod. 22 this a.m. Always been a fan of N frame Smiths. Have an old mod. 58 I enjoy. I'm drawn to the fixed sight-retro revolvers. I'll let you know how it works out. BTW Leland; I'm getting a Bisley Ruger back (.45 Colt) from Ben Forkin next week, supposed to shoot under 3" @ 100 yds. (335 gr. GC lead). Been waiting since Oct. '04 and I'm pretty excited. Hog hunting is such fun.....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I do understand the concept of "retro," since I seem to have accumulated several M&P style revolvers in the last couple of years.

I sold a Bisley Ruger a few weeks back, then spent a portion of the proceeds to buy a 2" Model 15 S&W, which has been on my wish list for quite some time. My M58 goes to the range sometimes, but I don't carry it. Ditto the M520, which does get some interested looks out at the range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Thunder Ranch 22 was in the first run of 300. S&W put the wrong front sight on them. It was too large and shooting very low. Since it had to go back anyway I had them to do a master revolver action job and she's pretty sweet now. It's a very easy gun to carry because it's light for an N-Frame and there's nothing to snag when you pull that smoke wagon.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is the Model 21 a round butt frame or is it simply fitted with round butt grips?

I really love the grips and what appears to be a rounded butt on the 21, but prefer the caliber of the 22.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that the 21 is a round butt gun, while the 22 is a square butt (as God, Nature, and Daniel B. Wesson intended).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts