Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Witness series or CZ line of pistols? I've handles both but, not to the extent of the HP And Colt 1911, and wondered how they size up as defensive arms? Thanks: Duce:

G

·
I have an all metal TZ75 and it isn't as well finished as the CZ75s I own. The markings are not clear and the blueing not as good. With this said, the trigger on my TZ75 is delicious and it will out shoot any CZ I have owned or fired. Regards, Richard

PS I bought a spare 40 S&W slide and magazines for it from CDNN and it is a great two caliber pistol

G

·
I won't buy anything from EAA. the TZ products are of questionable quality and EAA's customer service is the pits. In the future I will go with the original, CZ.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have both and the Witness in 40 is the real deal. I have one as an extra to teach marksmanship and it runs flawlessly. My son has a CZ 75 and a CZ 40P that are his daily carry. He loves the 40P and absolutely swears by it. I plan to get a Witness in 10mm fairly soon.

G

·
gammon and Gil, I question the amount of experience either of you have with Tanfoglio pistols. I have had very good luck with my Tanfoglio. I sold a compact TZ to a friend and I can honestly it is the only handgun he shoots worth a damn. Lastly, the trigger on my TZ is better than the ones on my CZ75, CZ75B, CZ75 Compact, PCR, CZ40B, or Rami. Regards, Richard

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I question the need to "question the experience" of another member when a post can be made expressing one's experiences with this or that firearm without resorting to such. The question the original poster ask was if anyone had "experience with the Witness series or CZ line of pistols". Posters responded; some had good experiences and others didn't care for their experiences with company support. A pistol can be a little rough cut in finish and still be a solid design, but poor support can deter some. It's understandable and something to consider. Some have said the same thing about Taurus' customer service if I recall. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post here and give their own experiences/opinions on firearm-related topics, but no one is welcome here who derides another. On some boards, such is the norm. It is not going to happen on this one. Those interested in staying can go by the rules. Those who cannot shouldn't let their shirttails hit their butts on the way out.

I would consider it a personal favor if those whose experience was questioned would just let it pass and accept MY apology for those needless words.

G

·
I will put it simply. I have seen trash from every manufacturer out there and then some, some I will no longer work on and others I would not use as a paper weight just because I don't like there looks. That said I know folks that have had GREAT luck and service from those very same guns and I will not beat them up about owning and using it because of my prejudice towards those very same guns. Still won't work on them though.......

G

·
As a CZ fanatic. I must comment that the trigger on my 10mm witness is wonderful.
I wanted a 10mm and CZ didn't offer one back then, nor do they plan to do so in the future.

Slightly larger than a Cz75 Classic. The witness 10 is about as big an autoloader than
I want to carry. Accuracy and reliability have been stellar with this gun bought new.

Some others have had contrary experiences. Should I ever break mine with hot loads, it will be cheap to replace. Mine wears one of the very first set of Hakans for the witness line.

G

·
gammon and Gil, I question the amount of experience either of you have with Tanfoglio pistols. I have had very good luck with my Tanfoglio. I sold a compact TZ to a friend and I can honestly it is the only handgun he shoots worth a damn. Lastly, the trigger on my TZ is better than the ones on my CZ75, CZ75B, CZ75 Compact, PCR, CZ40B, or Rami. Regards, Richard
I guess you're right, I don't have a LOT of experience with the EAA Tanfoglio .40 that I bought, only about two or three thousand rounds. This was too bad because I had intended to use it in IPSC competition, but there are reasons why I didn't shoot the pistol all that much.

1. Rear sight FELL out of its dovetail after about 500 rounds
2. Slide stops broke on a regular basis; this was cured by replacing the stop with a hardened steel pin. Unfortunately the replacement pin wouldn't hold the slide open.
3. Trigger bar broke after about 2000 rounds
4. Trigger D/A and S/A were mediocre to poor and the gun's handling characteristics just weren't for me (subjective opinion, obviously) so I repaired the damage (EAA did the trigger bar) and retired the pistol. I haven't sold it because I don't want to make an enemy for life.

G

·
PS Some friends of mine bought five custom Tanfoglio comp guns. Some of the guns wouldn't shoot lead bullets accurately, while others had no problems with the same bullets. I suggested they slug their barrels, which they did. Out of five guns they came up with three distinct barrel diameters. How's that for quality control?

G

·
See NRA American Rifleman May 2006 pages 62 and 63.
Interesting gun for $ 1,699.00
The write up also give a site address for more information.
WWW.EAACORP.COM

Have a Good Day
Bill------------------------------------------->

G

·
I had one years ago. Took it in as a trade, installed a Bo Mar rear, tried to shoot it , and got rid of it in another trade. I did not like the way it was made, did not like the way it felt in my hand, and did not like the way it shot. It just wasn't a 1911! I am just spoiled, so I hope you all can forgive my telling the truth!
Jeff Cooper liked them!

G

·
Maybe I'm just lucky, But I've had a 9mm plain-jane witness for about 6 years, fired many hundreds of rounds of everything imaginable through it. Always flawless, accurate. No complaints, it sleeps in the nitestand.

G

·
I've owned several over the years-sold all of them-some work great, some have problems. Considering Czech CZ's cost about the same as the Witness pistols-I'll take the CZ anyday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts