Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
I bought my first Glock at a gun show on impulse, a model 27 40 S&W. It was nice with night sights and 4 factory mags, but I could not control it, so I sold it at a loss. Again on impulse at another show I bought a model 30 in 45ACP, this time with standard sights but again with 4 factory mags. I got it for a low price so I figured I could get rid of it easily if needed (this was before the model 36 came out). I liked it much better than the 27 so I kept it. I continue to like Glocks, but for the utility, not the looks. I would probably buy a 26 and/or a 36 if I got a good deal. I have no big desire to collect them. For CCW if might be a hard choice for me between the 36 and the Kahr KP9. poppy

· Registered
111 Posts
I agree with Chris. As a collector I will probably always have a Glock. I have bought and sold a G27 and a G19. I have also bought and sold an S&W Sigma (Glock like features) in 9mm, but got rid of it because Cincinnati, OH doesn't allow magazines with greater than 15 rounds. I still have a Sigma in 40 S&W simply because that was the first gun designed for the round and has truely hi cap mags.

For a long time here in the Cinci area gun shows there has been an almost cult following for Glocks. Many used 9mm models came on the market as some LE agencies switched to 40 S&W. Used Glocks were commanding NIB prices between private traders. The market has now softened for Glocks with the combination of the expiration of the 10 round max. and reduced prices on some competitive pistol models. The G30 with 4 factory mags and a mag pouch that I picked up for $425 OTD doesn't seem like a steal any more.

As an engineer I have always been impressed with the simplicity and efficiency of the Glock design. It is blocky however, but still packs in the max. number of rounds in their magazines. That's one of the things that also attracked me to the Sigma. poppy

· Registered
111 Posts
I need to correct a previous post. I neglected to note that it was actually Glock who came out with the first 40 S&W pistol. What I should have said was that I kept the Sigma 40 because the Sigma was first designed for the 40 S&W round before other chamberings. So I guess for history's sake, I have a first generation Sigma chambered for the first caliber it was designed for. I might some day obtain a Glock 17 for the same reason. poppy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.