Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've been hoping you'd write that up! And what a great write-up you did!

Man, Josh, for under $100! I'm very jealous. I've wanted one of the Carpatis (whether .32 or .380 is unimportant to me, but you certainly have the more "usable" of them), but I never see one at anything approaching a reasonable price. I would have paid double what you paid for yours, so please feel like you did well!

Thanks for the great report. (I like the targets!)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erich, what prices do you usually see them at? The finish seems to be tough, and my example is a great little pistol, but when all is said and done they're just Walther PPK knockoffs that have a lot of machining marks on them.

I'll keep an eye out for you; the only one I've seen, though, is the one in my possession. I was out looking at J-Frames when this thing "called" out to me.

Thanks,

Josh <><

P.S. Sorry about the crappy closeup of the five shot group in the upper chest. I forgot to set it on macro :-/ J.S.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks, Josh, but I just bought a Yugo AK UF and a SIG-Sauer P232. I don't want to get anything online - if I ran across one at a fair price in a local store, though . . . :)

G

·
No offense intended to anyone, I assure you, but am I the only one to whom this thread's name sounds like something off of FOX news?

I've never even seen one of these before. How does it compare and contrast with a Walther PP?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Josh,

Thank you for the excellent report. It sounds like the Caparti Pistol will serve you well!

It appears to be a very robust pistol, but not "out sized" for the .380 round! Since you own the Romanian 1969 Trainer, you would probably agree that most Romanian Arms are a little rough as far as the exterior finish, but function very well indeed.

It would be interesting to see if it can feed and function with hollow point premium ammunition. Now that would be an awesome combination!

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be interesting to see if it can feed and function with hollow point premium ammunition. Now that would be an awesome combination!
I've shot a lot of CCI Blazer 88gr JHP through it with only two failures in the first 50 rounds while breaking it in, both ejection issues.

I've not had a lot of choices when it comes to testing what it will feed, but these things look like Gold Dots, without the Gold Dot. I figure if it feeds a flying ashtray then it will feed almost anything.

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense intended to anyone, I assure you, but am I the only one to whom this thread's name sounds like something off of FOX news?

I've never even seen one of these before. How does it compare and contrast with a Walther PP?
No offense taken. I thought it sounded much the way you describe, and was kind of "catchy," thus the title.

Josh <><

1 - 9 of 9 Posts