Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Chinese Army surplus FN Hi-Power and made the mistake of shooting European military ammo (cheap, cheap). The steel cases really did a number on the internal extractor and there was a sudden and soul wrenching end to my fun at the range. I have other pistols but I was determined to fix this old Commie war gun.

A visit to a friendly gunsmith gained me some no charge advice to "search the interwebs," (he said that) to find the almost unobtainable factory stock extractor and perhaps a few hens teeth as well.

When I found this site, I hit gold.. Words of advice.. So I took my tool kit, removed the extractor, cleaned it up, checked it against a brass casing and decided to dress down the extractor pad and refit it. My gun works again..

Thanks my friends,, for all the valuable reading and education.. Next on my bucket list is to start re-loading ammo after I give away the remainder of the steel cased 9mm to someone with a revolver..

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't believe there are many 9mm revolvers out there, so you might just try selling (or giving) the steel cased ammo to someone desperate for some ammo in the current environment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Gib and Nuclear.. I'm considering buying a Ruger single action revolver that converts from .357 magnum to 9mm with a change of cylinder.. I shot one before Christmas and it was a lot of western style fun for low ammo cost..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Gib and Nuclear.. I'm considering buying a Ruger single action revolver that converts from .357 magnum to 9mm with a change of cylinder.. I shot one before Christmas and it was a lot of western style fun for low ammo cost..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts