Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Fellow Shooters,

I am new to this forum and I have read thru most of the pasts post. Lots of good info here.

I would like to get some discussion going on the pros and cons of the Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm pistols. I would very much like to hear from individuals who have actual experience with this pistol. I have heard and read all the negatives of the 1st and second generation Millennium pistols but I am interested only in the Pro series (gen 3). After much looking, handling , and in some cases, shooting, I have found this pistol to be very used friendly. It is small, compact, and I like the controls. The slide release is in the right place for my size hand and the grip is such that it points very well for me. I have heard and read that it is reliable as far as feeding all types of 9mm ammo and have not heard of any FTE issues. I understand that this is a lower cost firearm but then so is the Kel-Tec and I hear a lot of praise for those pistols. I do like the trigger on the Millennium Pro as it is smooth and is much like the trigger on my S&W 642. I also like the second strike capability. I am not a fan of those pistols in which the slide pre loads the striker so in effect they are really single action pistols. I realize this is a fairly long post but I appreciate your input on this. I am trying to decide if this will be a good car gun (12 + 1 in the gun and a spare mag of 12). Thank you

G

·
0 Posts
Seems like you have answered your own question. Youve allready done the research, handled it like the controls trigger size shape etc.. Not much else to say. My wife carries the standard millinium titanium. not pro but I have run that one through the ringer upside down sideways intentionally trying to limp wrist it. It is fairly accurate and has allways gone bang on Winchester whitebox ball and hollowpoint. Don't see why the pro would be any different in reliability reguard. Honestly money wasnt a factor. We looked at a lot of pistols and the Taurus fit the bill pretty well.

G

·
0 Posts
It sounds like you like the platform, and it seems to work for you. For a car gun, it's perfect, as it's short length will allow it to easily clear the steering wheel, should you need to dissuade a carjacker.

G

·
0 Posts
The pro series is a definite step up from the 1st gens. We had many comebacks on those guns, the pro series seems to be staying on the street. Like any other firearm, make sure you thoroughly break it in mad satisfy yourself it is dead nuts reliable for YOU. Good luck and good shooting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Just a quick update to my earlier post. Yes, I do like the Millennium Pro. The Sales guys at the dealership keep telling me that it is a "junk" gun and that I should buy a glock or a Springfield XD 9. While I agree with them that these are good guns I do not like the grip angle on the Glocks and neither the Glock or the XD9 have the second strike capability. I am looking at this from the layman's angle. I understand that there are those who have the time to devote to many hours of practice and competition (I wish I did) but my job entails long hours on the road. I do put several thousand rounds downrange every year. The TRB drill to clear a mis-fire is an in-grained skill learned thru continuous practice. As I normally shoot and carry my S$W 642 I am used to the second strike (read that "squeeze the trigger again") method of clearing a mis-fire. For that reason I like the Sigs, CZ's and the Taurus Millennium Pros.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts