Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new at this so please forgive me if I am missing a review by searching.
Does anyone have anything to say about the Millennium Pro good or bad?
I like the features but worry about the "low end" price. I am seriously thinking of the 9mm. I would appreciate any feed back. I have owned a lot of pistols but never a Taurus.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My son has a 111 Millennium 9mm... I've shot the gun and it works well. A little crancky reassembling until you learn the trick, but I kept it about a month and was very impressed. I especially like the safety. Not the "key lock" but the thumb safety. The gun is pretty goof proof... can't fire without the trigger being pulled back... and like a true DAO you know it when you do, however the extra safety is a nice feeling addition. Now about those "low end" prices... can you point them out, I wanna get one before they're gone!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like mine so far. I've only had it a few weeks, and only have about 200 rounds through it. I fired it right out of the box, without cleaning it first, and had some failures to feed, double feeds, and failures to eject. However, once I cleaned it and lubricated it, no failures of any kind since. The round count is still wayyyyy to low to make an objective judgement though, but it seems promising.

The newest ones have the SA trigger from the 24/7 Pro ... if you're looking for a single-action pistol, that's great. If you're looking for a DA pistol that has an extra safety, the newest triggers might be lighter than what you're looking for.

Holsters for the Glock 26 seem to fit it very well so far, fyi ...

Good luck!
Liam

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. Yea I like the thumb safety also, very easy to "ready for firing" and peace of mind if you drop the pistol in your coat pocket for the quick trip to 7-11.
My other consideration is a Kahr MK40 that will still fit most of my pockets using a pocket holster.
Maybe I am becoming too cautious, in my younger days I trained scores of Police and patrol dogs with a loaded S&W .38 Bodyguard bouncing around in my front pants pocket.
I wonder if many people carry pistols without holsters in their pocket?
Reguarding price a new Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm retails here in Michigan for just a few dollars over $300.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a new 9-mm earlier this year. I liked the sights, size, weight and ergonomics a lot, and I had no failures to feed or fire. However, I could not get the striker action to be as smooth as I wanted even with a trigger job (the trigger was reasonably light but a little gritty) and I sold it after a few months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
HAt a Taurus Millinium PT-145. Good carry gun for the money. Long trigger pull. Sold it to a friend for his wife. She loved it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts