Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since reading Mr. Camp's essay on 44 Special ammo a while back, I took a second look at the Taurus 431. I bought my first Charter Arms Bulldog in 1976 and have not given any other 5 shot .44 Special much of a glance since. I began shopping for a 431 recently. Excellent used ones were found under $300 so I bought a 4" SS,.............then a 3"SS..................then a 3" blue. I hope I am finished now. I use Corbon 165s, Silvertips and the Federal 200 LHP loads for carry. I do reload and for the Bulldog, 240gr SWC over 6.5 Unique. For my N frame guns, I use the old Skeeter Skelton load of 7.5 Unique. Has anyone tried the Skelton load in the Taurus 431???? If so, how does it handle these? I have a pair of the Uncle Mikes/Butler Creek grips on the 3" SS to help on recoil.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Chesster,

I can not really help you on the .44 spc loads sir, as I simply have never owned one. If you will post that part of your thread in the reloading room, you may get more responses to it there.

Hopefully at least one of our members will be able to give you the answer you seek.

Good luck,

twoguns

·
Registered
99 Posts
Heh. The SAC effect.

I got that Taurus and a few others that way. ;) You probably wouldn't be surprised that it has the Corbon DPX ammo in it he wrote about for the .44 Special.

Someday I'll learn to take a good picture...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts