Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on where to go for tactical handgun training in northeastern U.S.?
considering Massad Ayoob's Lethal force institute, does anyone here have any experience with these courses? any others worth considering?
primarily interested in handgun training at the intermediate to advanced level for a civilian individual and as it pertains to real world defensive conditions.

thx

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
No one has answered, so I will say that the SIGARMS and S&W academies have good reps, but I haven't been to either. Blackwater is in Virginia and is top notch. That's not too far away. There was another school in VA or WV., but I can't remember the name right now.

There are a couple of quality instructors in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area, but I don't know if they are currently teaching anyone except on U.S. Govt. contracts.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello,

Vance International, Inc. is based in Oakton, VA. they are a Highly Respected Company that offers training as well as services. www.vancesecurity.com

Hope This Helps,
The Sockman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm,
I cannot comment on LFI's facility but I did attend LFI-1 and LFI-2 about 10 years ago in Washington state hosted by Marty Hayes' Firearms Academy of Seattle. The LFI courses I attended were great for "problem no. 2" but a little weak on the practical shooting portions. We did cover some basic handgun retention stuff in LFI-2 but they are mainly legal courses. The big draw is the free expert legal opinion for your defense if a you are in a justified shooting.
I believe that Greg Hamilton's InSights also does classes a few times a year somewhere in PA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts