Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for that Browning Buckmark that I was going to teach my fiance to shoot with, yesterday, and the guy that runs the store offered me a NIB Ruger MkII he'd had in the case since March of '05 -- for $250.

Couldn't resist.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there chubbypidgeon,

That is a great deal.

I bought one several years ago and still have it as nice target gun for my two boys. They learned to shoot a handgun utilizing the "classic" MK II, i.e. blued and fixed sights.

It is a delightful handgun for both novice and advanced shooters to practice and plink with!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is exactly as you describe, with the fixed sights, and the blued finish.

I shot a 1" five-shot group with it at 25 yards, today, using CCI Mini-Mags.

I wasn't even aware I was capable of this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I gave my wife one of those last year for Valentines Day. It was the NRA Endowment model with the white grips and some nice looking rolled engraving, standard tapered 4" barrel, fixed sights. Paid $219.00 for it NIB. She just loves it.

Saw one just like it a few months later, in the same store, in the used gun cabinet. They were asking $599.00.
The only difference I could see was someone had rubbed some crayon or something on the roll marked "engraving" making it stand out. (Looked nice I must admit.) I asked the clerk about it and he started the expected song and dance about how this model was really rare, and not many of them were made..... ???

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
One of the first guns I shot a *lot* was a friends Mk I target with a 6 7/8" barrel (I think that was the length, it was a weird measurement).

I think it may have cost $50 or $60 brand new. It was a great shooter and never bobbled.

Jim H.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I own a MK1 with a 5" bull barrel, blued top end and a SS bottom. Looks like my BHP Practical. Shoots great! Everyone I teach about guns start with Air Soft pistols, then they go to the Ruger. Everyone loves the Ruger. Great gun.;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts