Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I handled one yesterday, along with the new S&W MP. All in all, I was very impressed with both of them. I think the new XD45 is a winner! I am still amazed that they were able to squeeze that many rounds of .45 ACP into a grip frame that feels just like the standard 9mm/.40 grip frame. This MIGHT be the one that pulls me to the Dark Side.

On another note, the S&W MP was VERY, VERY impressive! The ergonomics are the best I have felt on ANY pistol. Period! The trigger is scary-good, with a reset every bit as short as a 1911. If you don't pay close attention, you would have a hard time telling is was a double action....the take up is THAT light and smooth! A very interesting first gun shop crawl of the New Year!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've fired a new S&W M&P. What's scary about it is the accuracy, which I'll attribute largely to the effect of the trigger. It's good. It's almost as good as the better of my two BHP carry guns and far, far better than my M19 Glock with 3 1/2 pound trigger. The S&W has the best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired gun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've fired a new S&W M&P. What's scary about it is the accuracy, which I'll attribute largely to the effect of the trigger. It's good. It's almost as good as the better of my two BHP carry guns and far, far better than my M19 Glock with 3 1/2 pound trigger. The S&W has the best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired gun.
LeLand tell us more! I was skeptical at first of the M&P after S&W's last fiasco into polymer pistols (the Sigma). Did you or the person who's weapon you shot have any reliability issues? How about build quality?

I've been thinking about going with a Glock 19, but if the M&P shoots and handles better, then I may just wait. I'm not in love with the looks of the M&P but hey, the Glock ain't winning any beauty contests either!

-Rob

G

·
0 Posts
Where did you find one? No one around Indianapolis has any yet.
It showed up unannounced at a gunshop in Tacoma, WA. The owner didn't order it and was surprised when it showed up. He hadn't known an XD in .45 ACP was even in the works. He put it in the case to oggle, but it isn't for sale....he has already claimed it.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Simply put, the new S&W M&P might just allow S&W to reclaim some law enforcement business, especially since it's offered with or without a magazine disconnect and with or without an infernal lock.

Accuracy was excellent with WWWB ammo, and after several hundred rounds the only reliability issue is that we kept having to reload the two factory magazines, as others aren't available just yet. I honestly didn't find anything about it I disliked, but then it's not mine. It's good enough that my buddy has first dibs on the first 9mm version the stocking dealer gets.

The .40 M&P's magazine holds 15 rounds, so I'm wondering if the 9mm version will hold more, say 17 or so.

G

·
0 Posts
We have the Indy 1500 gun show coming up this weekend. Hopefully a .45 XD will show up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts