Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the gun of my best friend and gunsmith Rudy, he's a retired navy man and let me tell you Rudy got it from a person who never fired, it was a nite stand gun and yes...... I take away the virgin status from this piece some weekends ago.

Manny

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello, Manny. Thanks for the really good picture of the Cobra.
That is certainly a clean, pristine example. I'm sure your friend likes it a lot.

Best.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Those alloy-framed Colt D-frames are really great for carry. I love my Agent, and that Cobra looks spectacular. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me tell you Steve, this piece was unfired??!!! till I rip her with 6 rounds of aguila 158 grains softh points, this little fellow kicks but I really like punishment.

It's loaded with the same load lines above, it's a sweet nice revolver, the action is butter my friend and Rudy is very pleased with it.

Manny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's posible Steve, Rudy is a project man, this is, he likes projects on guns, so he spot a nice gun (like this cobra) do a little things like grips, action tune (this gun does not need this), nite sites,etc, and then if somebody pays the price gets the gun.

He ofered me the gun in an excahnge for a browning lever action in .22 I had, but I relly love this carbine so I declined.

However, maybe, just maybe in a a few months Rudy maybe spot a new gun and will want to sell me this Cobra.

Manny

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hahahahahahhaha! Hello, Manny. You just confirmed that shooters are alike all over the world in many ways. You see, I have friends like that and am always watching...and waiting! (The trouble is I'm like that too, and they won't sell or trade "my" guns back to me!!!!!)

Best.

·
Registered
898 Posts
As far as shooting them goes, these Colt D-frames are the only ones I like as well as the S&Ws--the double action on a Detective Special, Cobra, or Agent just feels "right" to me. Way more than the bigger framed Colts anyhow.

Manny, either that picture sure came out nice, or else the screen on my computer monitor has been cleaned without my knowledge--looks like you can reach right out and grab that Cobra! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts