Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been a snubbie thread lately? Here's some to start with.

I'm rather partial to both the M&P 2-inch Square Butt and the Model 10 2-inch Round butt. Other revolvers in the photo are a very early S&W Chief's Special shipped in March 1952 (probably made in 1950-serial number 2018), a S&W Model 642 purchased new in 1998, a Colt Detective Special from 1966, and a Colt Banker's Special from 1932. The Model 10 2-inch was purchased new in 1996 and the M&P dates form 1951.

It would be fun to see y'all's snubs.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello, sir. You have some really nice revolvers.

Here are some of my snubs:

A like new S&W Model 64 RB...

An S&W Model 19 2 1/2" snub...

S&W Model 638...

S&W Model 10 2" Square Butt...

One of the "new" S&W Model 37's that was recently made w/o MIM or the lock. I believe that Erich has one just like it. This one's barely been shot.

Here's a couple of S&W Model 642's. You can see the wear on the one that I always carry (bottom).

A much carried S&W Model 042...

An old Colt Agent...

Best.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello,

Wow Gentleman! What a great collection of snubbies:

Here are the two I own at present:

My 1969 no/dash Model 60.

And my ubiquous Model 642-2:

I wish I owned more as they are the most immeninantly collectable and useful revolvers that I know of to shoot.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy folks,

My congradulations to all of you for owning some excellent revolvers. Honest wear marks caused by use (I know none of you folks would ever abuse one), are just battle scars to me to be proud of. They make me wish that revolver could talk to me.

Now that I have finally gotten over the Smith pre-lock hurdle, I am hoping to find a J-frame too. My ex no 2 swears she will be sending me back my 3" HB nickel model 36 at some point. But as she was someone who sadly seemed to prefer climbing a tree to tell a lie, than stand on the ground and tell the truth, well I am not holding my breath on that one. Maybe my bud will come across a nice one and tuck it away in his safe for me.

Great pics, and you folks make me realize how much I need to get a digital camera now.

Enjoy them folks, they are excellent weapons. I used one over several decades as a back-up weapon.

twoguns

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Gents,

Alas, I must admit I am snubbie "challenged". There is only one in the house...a M-19 2 1/2". Great gun. It's tuned and has a 7 3/4 lb trigger pull that is smooth as butter.
It also has a Horseshoe Leather Products holster for it. Andy Arratoonian hasn't made those for a while!
After this thread I feel the need for a nice j-frame...
Will try to post some pics of the set up in the next day or two.

Wes

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Sigh... I have a few neat ones, but I always see another half dozen I'd like to have when someone suggests a thread like this. So here are mine.

A "new" M638 from the business end...

Or a 3" RB Model 10...

This used to be my M49. The former chief came over and started flashing bills, and I caved in. Sniff, sniff...

I was smart enough to keep this Model 60, however.

The M66-1. I tried the new style cylinder latch for a while but changed back to the original.

One of my favorites, a Model 15 from 1964.

And last but not least, a square butt M10.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Erich, when I saw the same picture of your "backyard" on a different forum, I kept looking for John Wayne. Where did John Ford set up his location filming camp?
Cordially, Jack

·
Registered
399 Posts
All you guys got me drooling all over the place. Well now I can play a little as I got a 1983 nickeled S&W M-36 no dash and a 1973 blued S&W M-36 no dash of my own. Now if I can just find a M-642 and a M-638 I'll be done with the J-frames.

Best, Baldy.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well, now I'm jealous of Leland's Model 15 and Baldy's nickel Chiefs. JW, thanks for the kind words - it's a great place to walk around! :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 2-inch S&W Model 15 is the best looking snub of all and I've never owned one. One of these days...

I like those shrouded hammer Models 38 and 49 too.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well, now I'm jealous of Leland's Model 15 and Baldy's nickel Chiefs. JW, thanks for the kind words - it's a great place to walk around! :)
There was a woman who used to pawn her late husband's nickelled 2" once a year or so, and I'd go by the pawn shop regularly to see if it had ever come out. She always redeemed it.

I found this one at a gun show a while back; the dealer had $275 on it, I offered him $250 plus tax, he said $275 OTD. I was going to buy it no matter what he said, but hey, who am I to argue with a nice man like that?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steven;
What's it like to shoot the light-framed Colt Agent with the short grip? One of those revolvers sure looks like a great idea for a concealed .38 Special.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. It's been a long time since I actually shot the Agent; it's pristine and just one I wanted to own. As I recall, it is not at all difficult to handle with the short grip and the sight picture is definitely better than my S&W's...at least to me. Recoil was about as expected from an aluminum alloy frame revolver of its size, ie: not as sharp as the aluminum frame J's but certainly more than the steel K-frames, but still controllable.

Best.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hey there gang,

I guess this is probably "old news" or "yesterday's papers" for most of y'all but for somebody like me who has a hard time keeping up with the proliferating handgun makes and models it was news:
while checking out the S&W website it looks like they have brought back the Model 36 with the 3in. barrel. It has the lock, which will be off-putting for most, but on the other hand it'll have either a blued, nickel or very nice (to me anyway) case hardening on the frame. MSRP is substantial/hefty unfortunately. The S&W site shows the old-style cylinder latch too.

best--d.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts