Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited about this one. The Dallas Arms Collectors got together with the NRA to do a massive show in Dallas. I was there and scored this beauty:

A 2nd Issue Colt Agent.
I'd rate this one about 90% finish and nearly 100% lockup. It's been carried quite a bit, but doesn't seem to have been shot a whole lot. I got it for less than 3 bills from a good friend of mine (a WWII Veteran). I had some 148-grain wadcutters lying around in the safe and I picked up a box of Remmy 158-grain LSWCHP +Ps, I plan to run a couple of cylinders full through it, very soon! I just can't wait, now I just have to find time between class to get to the range.

My only complaint with this model is the lack of that nice deep Colt blue, but the advantage to the matte is...I don't care if I scratch it! And the fact this pistol has long butt grips on its short butt frame, which seems to me a waste. So, I need to locate some short butt grips and go to town!

-Rob

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Rob, that is a great score at a decent price!

Wow, even with the matte finish, it looks like a great shooter!

Congradulations.

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Beautiful! I've had a thing for "Snubbies" since watching the old "Boston Blackie" TV series back in the early '50's. Being a 6 year old, it left quite an impression.

I've had a S&W .357 Model 65-3 "K" frame for 20 years (still crisp and smooth) but only recently purchased my first "Snub!" A S&W Model 637 with a 1-7/8th" barrel.

My 1st. but certainly not my last. Retirement has now provided me with the time to pursue more of these little rascals.

Again, that really is a beauty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts