Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to import ammunition to fire with Morini free pistol (50M). I need ammo for practice and economical.

I have narrowed it down to
S.K Magzine
Lapua X trainer(AKAH)

They both cost nearly the same. Euro 62 for 1000 rounds.

Has anyone any experience with it? If yes then please inform/guide/educate me.

I'm going to import a large quantity of 15,000 rounds.
X trainer does not exists on Lapua's website, only on AKAH website.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
22s have been a complete and utter mystery to me since I started shooting NRA Junior small bore in high school. I had a Savage/Anschutz that had real ammo issues. I tried everything to get the smallest groups I could but the ammo was so variable that it might do nicely with Ely one day and then a new box would look like a pattern rather than a group.

I used to go out to the shops and buy individual boxes of 100, test them and then go back to buy the rest of a given lot. It was crazy!

We also used to share a gauge. We'd drop the cartridge in and then slide something across the back to sort them by size. It helped but I think, that it is all about finding the most consistent ammo you can - consistently loaded and consistently sized.

I know Lapua ammo. It is generally very high quality but I have no experience with the particular type you mentioned. One thing is for sure, importing 15k rounds you are betting the ranch that your pistol will shoot it well. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, best way is test sampling a few and then buying a lot. But in my case I don't have that option since ammunition is coming from Germany.

Right now all I can do is rely on experience.

I need it only for practice, for match I'd use Tenx or Match-Eley + Morini Free pistol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I have found out.

Sk Magzine is actually Lapua X-Trainer.

Sort of seller-OEM relation. It's only a marketting thing.
I have finally ordered entire lot of Lapua X Trainer.

I have also ordered 2000 rounds of Eley Club, just for Minor matches sake.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Looking forward to hearing of your results. As I said, the performance of 22 rimfire ammo is a complete mystery to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts