Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might anyone have shot this new version of the .45 ACP 220? I understand that it is or will be offered in SA, DA/SA, and DAO modes. It is yet to appear in my neck of the woods, but as a old Sig shooter, I'm very interested in an evaluation. Thanks. --c

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've heard from those who have handled it that the SAO P220 needs some improvement. While Traditional Double Action is my least favorite semi-auto trigger configuration, I do like the Sig 220. I haven't tried the DAK trigger yet, but, even the TDA is a good reliable pistolthat, while a bit bulky, can be concealed. I'd go w/ a strong side IWB holster, or if that is not comfortable, a pancake-style, canted OWBthat will hold it nice and flat to your body, but, each person's boy is different, so choose the holster that works best for you and that you can wear for a long time. Also, think about where you might want to carry a few extra mags on your person, w/out damaging the mags or giving away your armed status. If you are statisfied w/ only one extra, a general purpose foldingknife/multitool/flashlight-type sheeath w/ a flap might do. Some companies also make mag holders designed for concealment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts