Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience or an opinion of the Remington 750 or Browning BAR in 30-06? I am thinking Deer and a general all around rifle to be used in North America.

-- Richard

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Gents,

My experience with Remington semi-autos is that they tend to be problematic. Not so with the Browning models. Go Browning and don't look back!

Wes

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Browning.

Unless you get the Remington really, really cheap (under $200 or so) and don't mind tinkering a bit.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, Browning not Remington. Wednesday I went to three stores to look at rifles. The only Browning to look at was the Safari model with a compensator on the barrel. It seemed unwieldily to me. So I need to look at the Browning lightweight tracker to compare similar rifles. The Remington 750 in 30-06 comes to my shoulder with the sights right where I want them. The only Browning model that comes with iron sights is the lightweight tracker. So I did some checking on the internet and it looks like for $200 difference I could buy the Browning. The Remington runs about $700 and the Browning about $900. So if the Browning is that much better, then $200 more is definitely not to much to pay. I just need to find one and see how it handles. Thanks for the heads up and advice.

-- Richard

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Richard,

Recently, I took my bosses Browning Safari Mark I home and did some work on the rifle. I was very impressed with the quality of construction and fitting of all of the parts. Having shot and handled a few Remingtons, I would agree quite strongly with others have said.

However, as most of us have already figured out, ergonomics are "everything" when it comes to shooting any firearm. If the Remington suits you better, than you better grab it!

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts