Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was called over to a friend's house to take a look at a revolver that served as a children's toy when they were kids. I was asked if I could fix it.

It turns out it's a Spanish EBAR copy of the S&W M&P. Manufactured between 1916 and 1922, it seems to be chambered in .32-20 caliber. Strangely, there is a swatstika on it.

Sadly, though I can restore it to shootable status, I'm not sure I can find the parts. The firing pin is broken, the cylinder pin and ejector rod are bent, and the lockup doesn't lockup. The barrel is also badly rusted and pitted on the inside. It would be a complete rebuild, and the parts would cost far more than the revolver's worth. I mentioned that he might get it reblued and use it as a wall hanger, as I would clear it for limited shooting with light loads even if I did fix it. Price, in good condition, runs from $50-$150, and it really has no sentimental value for the owner.

Interesting though. I'll see if I can't get some pics if anyone's interested.

Josh <><

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
There were a lot of Eibar companies that made copies of the M&P, in all sorts of calibers. I've not seen one in .32-20 (I have seen them in .32 S&W and .32 Long Colt), but nothing would surprise me. Was the hakenkreuz a factory stamping, or some user add-on mark?

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erich,

I really couldn't tell. If it looked like what one would find on a quickly made wartime firearm that had been restamped. I'm not sure I would even want to guess at it.

Josh <><

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well, it's nice of you to tell us about this interesting gun. Might not be collectible, might not be desireable, but it is interesting! :)

G

·
At the last really big gun show in my area a couple of weeks ago I saw an excellent Spanish-made copy of a Smith&Wesson revolver in .32-20. Fit and finish were excellent and and cylinder lock-up was perfect ---- very comparable to a pre-war Smith revolver in (apparent) quality. The brand name escapes me, but it was far superior to the typical Spanish-made copies of Smith revolvers of the era. The revolver was in excellent condition and the seller was asking around $400; high, I thought, for what it was 'cause the metallurgy of pre-war Spanish handguns is commonly soft and always suspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts