Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some research via Internet. it's a Turkish manufacturer producing mostly clones of CZ's . They had an arrangement with Armalite that must have fallen through. I know the guys at Cherry's well, nice to deal with but it's a very small operation. They are importers of record for others though so a fair number of firearms go through there operation.

The pricing I saw makes me wonder why someone would pay CZ prices for clones. Particularly when CZ has a good name and customer service established. Will try to have a look at one in person.

Boats

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JayPee I could not agree more.

The US market looks attractive to foreign manufacturers but is pretty difficult. Demanding customer service wise, and will only pay at clear price points, Most important the Turks will collect in dollars and pay expenses in there local currency. Not so bad on Turkish currency but on the Euro it makes net to the manufacturer about half. Not to mention our legal system which all foreign companies are very afraid of.

I suspect thats what happened to the Armalite deal. Anyway I understand Cherry's has a real interest in the high dollar shotguns and not the CZ clone pistols.

Boats

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Want to bet Armalite only took on the Turkish guns in the US in exchange for selling AR's under license in Turkey. When the contract is over they drop the ugly duckling like a hot potato.

Happens all the time.

Boats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.