Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this here before, but here it is again. My post is actually quite a bit longer than the letter to Guns Magazine (Aug 05 issue) - but I wrote it the same night.

Saftey and "Tactics"

st things first, when dealing with firearms of any kind, for any reason, safety should be your number one priority. It doesn

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Amen!!!
Keep pluggin'
Jim

PS - don't even get me started on the "3rd Eye", Retention Ready and Horizontal shoulder holsters
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What, you don't have a drop holster, and a 12million lumens light hanging off of your tactical elite SOC operator plus extra lightweight titanium 9mm +p+ double stack pistol with 30 round extended SWAT mags, with a level 3 vest, advanced combat helmet complete with mounted AN/PVS-14 (just incase the light doesn't work you know), on a stand next to your bed? How will you defend yourself when "they" come, and the SHTF!!!??!!

Shocked in Iraq,
Anthony

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Anthony;

Nope, I don't have that stuff - I feel so deprived

well I do have some of that stuff but it is for research only - it sets somewhere in storage. My "ready" guns are pretty simple (as you suggest; it is the warrior not the weapon that will win the day).

Stay safe!
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"What I object to is the mentality that one man, no matter how heavily armed, is going to make the mythical stand against an army of home invaders, charging with violence of action into the living room, and single handedly clearing his home and emerging the victor of some glorious homestead battle. Can we be realistic please? If you have 5 elite super ninja deathmasters, all dressed in black, fast roping onto your roof from some silent helicopter in the dead of night you either need to wake up, turn off your Playstation, or seriously re-evaluate your business ventures."

Anthony, that is priceless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts