Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Browning Hi-Power is my favorite pistol but the thumb safety is mushy, which makes it a problem for cocked-and-locked concealed carry. Is the safety on the new SA-35 more positive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The smith I've been accustomed to using said he could change the thumb safety but couldn't guarantee how "positive" the result would be. Maybe that means he isn't really a very good gunsmith.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sort of sounds that way. Maybe give Don Williams @ The Action Works in Az. a call. A one man shop, and a super nice guy with a lot of experience in 1911 and BHPs......just a thought. Don has done two BHPs for me, and I could not be more pleased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A good gunsmith that is trained on BHP can improve your thumb safety for a lot less money than purchasing another HP.......unless you just want to purchase another HP.
Sort of sounds that way. Maybe give Don Williams @ The Action Works in Az. a call. A one man shop, and a super nice guy with a lot of experience in 1911 and BHPs......just a thought. Don has done two BHPs for me, and I could not be more pleased.
Thanks for the referral. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a copy of the SA-35 or simply stick with my old Browning. Another carry option is an FN Hi-Power Double Action Compact I recently received from a friend. The DA feature makes it feel safer to carry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the referral. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a copy of the SA-35 or simply stick with my old Browning. Another carry option is an FN Hi-Power Double Action Compact I recently received from a friend. The DA feature makes it feel safer to carry.
A range of HP is a solid play and would recommend adding to the lineup but that’s just me

·
Registered
51 Posts
The safety on my SA-35 is perhaps a bit more crisp in operation than the one on the FN/Browning pistols many of us are used to. But there is not a great deal of difference IMHO.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Take a drill bit smaller than the safety indent and hand turn it a bit in the detent hole. A very small bit of removed material should give you a much more positive safety feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts