Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda new to the whole gun thing and i have heard alot of good things about this gun but im like everyone else i want everybodys opinion so if you would reply back what you think of this gun so i can decide on buying it

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. In the past during CHL range qualifications several applicants showed up with Sigma pistols in both 9mm and 40. Not one worked for a complete magazine without either:

1. Failure to fire
2. Failure to feed
3. Failure to eject
...or a combination of all 3!

This was several years ago and from what I'm reading, the Sigma pistols seem to be working considerably better now. I spoke with a fellow at the range a few weeks ago who was packing up when I was arriving. Noting that he had a Sigma, I asked how he shot and he said that everything was fine, no malfunctions, and so forth.

I am not sure but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Sigma dropped in the near future as S&W has come out with their "M&P" polymer frame pistol. I believe it is available in .40 and 9mm.

Best.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

I had pretty good luck with mine and the price points were not all that bad. I don't recall having any functioning problems and mine was purchased after they had been on the market for a year or so. I didn't hold on to it because I already had a G-23 in my collection and didn't really want too many .40S&W pistols.

Interesting enough, I was at Bass Pro Shop yesterday morning early and they were putting out some new Sigma's. They now come with an olive green frame with the accessory rail dust cover. They were priced at $399.00/+tax out the door.

If I had a need for one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Chris

P.S. 3 weeks ago, I took my G-23 to the range and had a straight up "stove pipe" jam with it while shooting it! So much for Glock Perfection! I thought it was pretty ironic that I gave up one reliable pistol for one that was reputed to be uber-reliable!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have on in 9mm shot 2000 rounds through it no problems !The 40 cal I bought was a lemon
and I traded it for glock 17.I pull trigger and just click.Tried different ammo same results.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Chris I am not sure if there has been a price increase recently but the price of $399. is about $100 more than I have seen them up here..As a matter of fact I payed $314 out the door on a SW9VE last spring ..
Didn't get to shoot it much last year due to medical reasons but what I was able to do was great..No problems at all,even with lead bullets..Will start shooting as soon as the doctors allow,maybe even sooner..
I like this gun,the only thing I would change is the front sight..Need a fiber optic,was told that a glock sight would work,so I am looking..

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi bomba,

Since the ones I saw recently were at Bass Pro Shop, I can't honestly say there has been a price increase or not.

When I go back to shop for some ammunition, I will double check the pricing. It could have been $319.00. I wasn't really paying too much attention, but really looking at the BHP Standard for $739.00!

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
I originally had an earlier version of the 9ve and had ftf stiker problems with certain ammo. However I now own a 9p which is the 9mm version of the sigma 40p. I do like the night sights and the ported barrel and have never had any problems whatsoever with the gun. I have owned this piece since 01- totally reliable and my carry piece every day.

I have since aquired a sw99 in .40 which seems to be a step up in refinement from the sigma but a little more complicated to operate with it's trigge options. However if you are looking for a great DAO gun with a heavy trigger the sigma is hard to beat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts