Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears there are more than one or two
Smith & Wesson revolver fans on this forum. You may be interested in checking out the link I put in below. This is a blog by a lady named Tamara K, in Indianapolis, Indiana (as I recall, we have several Hoosiers on the forum too, of which I am one by birth).

She has taken to posting pics of various S&W revolvers and giving a historical description of each one. I found it entertaining and informative. For example, I was unaware that there was a snubby produced on an L-frame that had a shrouded hammer, like the Bodyguard types.

Anyway, thought some here might find it interesting. She calls it "The Arms Room," altho the URL uses "cosmoline and rust".

http://cosmolineandrust.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

elb

G

·
Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying the little guided tour of my collection. :)

For example, I was unaware that there was a snubby produced on an L-frame that had a shrouded hammer, like the Bodyguard types.
It is a weird bird. Despite the humpback look, the hammer is fully enclosed, a la the Centennials, rather than shrouded like on a Bodyguard.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello tamara,

On behalf of the Administration and Moderators of the H&A forum, we'd like to extend to you a warm welcome!

I enjoyed reading your S&W Blog this morning....

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Might that be the Model 296 in .44 Special? :)

I had one once upon a time and considered it as a full time carry gun. Unfortunately, there are others that worked better for my purposes, so I sold mine. I expect they're kind of rare now.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Miss Tamara,

Welcome to the site as well, and congrats on having such a nice collection of Smiths. You will probably cause the keyboards of several members to rust or short from all the droll, mine included.

Enjoy your time here, as you will find you are certainly among many Smith revolver fans here.

twoguns

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Tamara, didn't you used to be on a mountaintop in Tennessee? As a Hoosier-in-exile, I'd encourage you to enjoy a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich - it's at least as good as 'possum! ;)

Anyhow, good to see you here. :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well, then have fun at the Indy 1500 this weekend, Tam, and say hi to your fellow Tennesseean, my amigo Jessie Clark of Tennessee Valley Bullets.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I see we have a few area of interest in common. The 3" 624 is a favorite of mine. I also like the .32's although most of mine aren't as nice looking as yours.

Welcome to the site; there are some really nice folks here.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
800 Posts
Tamara,

Welcome. Great photo's and great collection. I used to be a die-hard HP addict but now due to the people and photo's here I am being drawn to the pre-lock S&W's. You will enjoy your time here. Lots of good folks and information. Watch out for that silver tounged devil Twoguns. I know my wife likes his writing better than mine. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts