Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks:

Knowing the sensibilities of most forum members as regards traditional firearm aesthetics and time-proven designs, I almost hesitate to bring up this series of revolvers made from weird/exotic/expen$ive alloys and whatnot, although the tritium night sight seems a good addition:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-&storeId=10001&catalogId=11601&content=50803&sectionId=10504

Model 325 Night Guard .45acp

Model 327 Night Guard .357 8-shooter

Model 329 Night Guard .44 mag

Model 386 Night Guard .357 7-shooter

Model 396 Night Guard .44 spec. 5-shot

I think sheer expense will rule 'em out for most revolver fans, but since they are supposedly due out in mid-March, I thought maybe somebody here had seen and/or handled one of these?

Down here in S. Texas we aren't likely to see any new makes or models for awhile...

gracias/thanks,
--d.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They're on the right track, but I like the 386 sc/s better.

I might buy the airweight 325 .45acp if they'ld loose the two peice barrel, and why the hammer spur. There must be a market for snubguns with hammer spurs, the only reason I see for making them.

the price is high, but if I thought a night guard could really save my backside I might pay it.

Overall it makes more sense than the x-frame S&Ws;))

·
Registered
399 Posts
There just a little to rich for my blood. I do have a nightstand .357 I paid $200 for, it's a Ruger Security-Six. Shoots better than me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have one because I would. That M-396 in .44spl would be my pick. Love a good .44.

Best,Baldy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts