Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two S&W Model 10's. One square butt, one round.

I know the J-Frames, like the 442's are very light, but I don't shoot them too well.

I was going to try to find a Moel 12 with a 2" barrel, but after searching on the internet I cannot find a site that lists the weight of teh 2-inch.

Does anyone know how much the 2" weighs? I wonder how much heavier it is than the alloy J-Frames.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
18 oz. per Supica & Nahas' SCSW3 (with the steel cylinder). Best of luck with your search. What a great gun that is - it's one that I've always had my eye out for at a good price. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Erich.
You know, I bought one with a round butt in beautiful conditon for under $300. I sold it. I don't know why. I shot it well. I have two Model 10-5's that I love. I can make head shots at 25 yards, which is pretty good for me, I know there are better shots out there.

Anyway, it seems light enough for a pocket pistol, although it could not replace my PM9. The larger frame in not a big challenge. Many pants today have very deep pockets and the increased accuracy for me is worth the inconvenience. I wish I shot the J-frames better.

Again thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I would purely love to find one for $300 - and maybe someday I will.
I think it would make a great companion to your snub Model 10s, that's for sure. :)

After responding to your post yesterday, I went to sleep thinking of Model 12s! Now look what you've done! ;) Please let me know if you pick it up, amigo . . . :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to be a bad influence. I you buy a Model 12 you will soon be able to stop thinking about it.
I have regretted selling that Model 12.
I'm looking. I'm apparently going through a snub nose revolver phase. I need medication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts