Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all took the s/w mod- 10-5 to the range today my son in laws farm e to see how it shoots at 10 yds, was shooting 158 gr. win white box ammo. 6 shot groups all were in a 3 in. group think i will keep it even with a 2 in. tub it was very easy to keep tight groups. tk.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Pretty decent shooting! Wish I could see that well anymore. :)

Amazing how those Model 10 snubs just seem to work good.\

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea tk! Another happy 2-inch Model 10 fan. They really are the best kept secret of the snubbie world. I love 'em. Here's my 2-inch Model 10 and it's early '50s predecessor, a square butt 2-inch M&P. Show us your Model 10 snubbie if you can.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Here's my 2" SB M&P (circa 1977) shown with my normal carry gun, a Model 638. The M10 stays on my nightstand, just like your old M&P. Maybe they're related?

And of course I couldn't forget my other 2" K frame, a 1964 vintage Combat Masterpiece. It's a nice contrast to the Model 10.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I've never owned a 2-inch Model 15 but feel it's one of the very best looking handguns of all time.
I agree. Another one that when it passes my way I won't be able to resist.

Nickel 5-screw would be nice but I don't think any were made. :(

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've a Royal Hong Kong Police 4", a pre-Model 10 5" from 1941, and two pre-Model 10 6" from the early '50's. One blue and one nickel. They are all superbly accurate and delightful to shoot. Sight all nicely regulated. I didn't pay over $200 for any of them. Get them while they last.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
PFF, the 2" 15 didn't come along until 1964, after those other pesky screws had disappeared.

Now to really P1$$ you off, I paid $275 out the door for it.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Holy cow, Bryan - I didn't realize how nice your modern 2" Model 10 is. Let me know if you ever want to sell or trade it. :)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Heya Leland,

Thats what I paid for the nickel 5-screw M&P this summer. :) :) (We won't discuss what I traded for the blued one the year before.)

I know; only way for a 2" 5-screw Combat Masterpiece would be if someone sent one in for rebarreling. Its certainly possible but I've never seen one.

Regards,

Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts