Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this pistol 4 sale on the internet. Looks good. Couldn't find any info about it though. Anyone knows it?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Yana,

I tried looking it up for you, but there is no Model 356 Speedmaster listed as a model.

Is it possibly a 357 Sig Autoloader in the Sigma series?

Chris

·
Registered
363 Posts
Back in the early 1990's, the S&W Performance Center produced a number of Model 3566 pistols that were chambered for the .356 TSW cartridge which is based on the 9x21 case. The .356 case is 21.5mm long, but like the 9x21 it has a loaded OAL of 1.169 so that they can fit in a 9mm Luger magazine.

I have one of the double action 3566 pistols and I have found that I can shoot Fiocchi 9x21 123gr FMJ in it without any problems.

To answer the original question, I've never heard of a Speedmaster or any other S&W auto pistol chambered for the 9x21 cartridge.

Roadster

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Yana,

It looks like a comped Performance Center 952 S&W automatic.

Since S&W Performance Center offerings change almost yearly, it is hard to figure out whether or not it was a distributor only limited production handgun.

I will look further.

Chris

P.S. What website is that anyway's?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Yana,

OK. Here is what I got out of the Standard Catalog of S&W Firearms for the pistol pictured.

The best I can figure out it is a 1998 TSW 3566 built for Lew Horton Distributors in 9x21.5 mm on the Model 952 Platform.

Roadster is correct in the information that he provided for you.

It is not a common handgun or common caliber in the US market. It was designed and build specificly for competition.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's pretty rare than!? 9x21 isn't common here either, only 9x19.
Would the ammo be hard to get? Or only reload?
What's it worth?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Yana,

Norma, Fiocchi, and Winchester all make 9x21 ammunition.

It is very pricey ammunition and it is a good candidate for reloading.

The book only lists the NIB price of $1,350.00 (US).

Chris

·
Registered
363 Posts
After I stated that I had never heard of any S&W auto chambered for the 9x21, I remembered reading that back in the 90's, S&W did chamber the 5906 for the 9x21 for export to Italy. About 2000 pieces were so chambered. Never say never......

Roadster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts