Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a S&W 3" model 36 pinned bbl RB today at the Evansville, In. show from a private dealer that had three model 36's on his table, two with 3" RB and one 2" SB, I had a hard time not drooling all over his table and not appearing to be excited. I took the pick of the two 3" bbl's, I already have a 2" "Chief " with pinned bbl and flat latch and matching # diamond girps, DOB 1960. I also had a 3" M36 RB in Nickle that I have had for years. Now I have a pair of em. So many guns, so little money, but I keep trying!!! Got the 3" M36 RB today for $300 OTD, he had a S&W Second Addition and according to the SN it's a 1966. I had a good day

Papabear

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well done, Papabear.

I have a round butt 36 flatch latch like your example which is not for sale at any price. They don't make 'em like that any more (unfortunately).

PGM

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PGM,

No way would I sell my SB M36 flat latch pinned bbl with matching # stocks, I've had a couple decent 36's, but this one is by far the nicest I've had, and it shoots better than I do

Papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good for you Papabear. You got a very nice revolver for a very good price. Down here when they do turn up they are going for $500 easy. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello papabear,

What a great find!

Those are great condition J-frames and I am certain they will bring a lot to your collection.

Congradulations!

Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice J frame papabear, Last year I picked up a Model 60 no dash with a 3 inch barrel, no pin, square butt. The serial number dates it to the early 1970's. A very interesting combination. You never know what you will fine. You have a great find for your collection.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Very nice 36-1; I have one (not as pretty) that's been away at the "spa" (gunsmith, getting customized) for a while now. Can't wait to hold it again.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Very nice and good shooters, too. I recall one incident in which a lady was able to "encourage" a would-be rapist the errors of his ways with such a revolver.

Best.

PS: Seeing him in the hospital was not so gratifying as if he'd been permanently "rehabilitated" but it did add a little bounce to my step that night. I think that the 3" Model 36 is an easier revolver to shoot well than the 1 7/8" bbl versions by more than many might think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts