Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the loop for a spell, ::) but I'm back, thank goodness. Thought I would share my S&W 1917 rig, Smith is lettered Aug 1918, holster is a G&K 1918, lanyard is a Pat. Feb 20-17, and three pocket moon clip pouch is 1918 but can't read the maker's name, and web belt is WWI era, no date. Took a while to put this all together but finally got "R" done.

Papabear

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
papabear,

That is a great rig to go with that proud workhorse sir. Thanks for sharing them with us. Welcome back too.

twoguns

G

·
A really nice set-up. I have a nice Smith M1917 than I'm trying to do the same for, but it will be with a WWII web belt and reproduction holster and clip pouch. The originals just cost too much. (Unacceptably dings my gun-purchasing budget.)

Enjoy

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your very kind comments, I forgot to mention that the ammo in the photo is WWII vintage [1943] and from the Evansville, In. arsenal, and the web belt is the NCO version that has the saber attachment on it. I also have a 1917 Colt with a 1942 Textan holster and another WWI web belt, I would like to find the WWII Fink holster right hand holster with moon clip pouch and lanyard, but as nevadaalan said, it does put a pinch on getting more handguns, but the search must go on.

Papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks for sharing Papabear. That is one fine rig you put together there and the picture with them two old beautys is great. Good luck with them.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello papabear,

Very nice collection indeed. I had the opportunity to buy a S&W pre Model 10 M&P with the original WWII holster for a "steal". Unfortunately, I didn't have the discresionary funds back then and now your post does indeed remind me how nice the combo would have been in my collection.

Such are the fortunes of gun collecting.

Again, very nice revolvers and leather.

Chris

·
Registered
361 Posts
Now these photos are the kind I enjoy seeing on forums. I like the oldies and I like U.S. military firearms.

Great photos of nice guns and accouterments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts