Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of replacing the factory springs in a relatively new SP101, primarily for a better DA pull. I've heard good things about the Wolff spring set. 2 questions:

1. Any experience out there with Wolff springs (or other preferred spring sets) in this gun?

2. Is there any other stoning, polishing, etc., that I should/could do while I'm "inside"?

Thanks in advance for all comments and recommendations.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Here is a link that might be of use:

http://www.rugerforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/001187.html

I bought an SP101 a few weeks ago. The action was a little gritty and heavy in DA, but light and crisp in SA. I was considering smoothing it up, but guess what? Contant dry-firing and a few range trips have that same action plenty slick right now. It seems to have "leveled out" and is emminently useable. I find the gun easy to shoot quick and accurately as it is very easy to stage the DA pull at speed.

Best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've put a couple of hundred rounds through mine, but I haven't spent the time dry firing. I agree with your comments re: SA, i.e., very nice on the SP101.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Wolff springs work great! I have an SP with the 10/10 set up and its 100% reliable.

10lb main spring/ 10 lb trigger return spring. Every SP is different as to what spring rate will work with them. Wolff sends several springs that vary in weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts