Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
3,000+ rounds through mine not a single malfunction. I clean it, oil it, and shoot it. Factory 10 round magazines suffice for me(I don't CCW it), and they work great. I opted for the stainless model when I bought mine and it is simply flawless, that's all I can say about it.

I simply cannot say enough good about this pistol, I trust mine. A couple of things I would/have changed. The grip angle is great, but the lack of serrations or stippling anywhere provides for a very slippery grip if your hands are wet. So, my first solution was a Hogue Hand-All grip, but I found this to be a bit on the bulky side for me(it adds palm swells), so I removed it and put a strip of skateboard grip tape on the front and back straps. Now it sits perfect in my hand, even in 100+ Texas weather.

The only other thing and it's purely personal preference would be to change the sights, my gun still wears the stock 3-dots, but I've modified them a bit, by painting the front dot yellow to show up better against the white rear dots. If I was going to carry the piece, I would change the sights and have the front sight milled for a dovetail and add in XS Bar-Dots or something similar like Heines. This is purely personal as I've said, I find 3 horiztonal dots to simply be too "busy" for me to accurately and quickly line up. I much prefer a basic dot over bar or over a plain black sight.

Hope that helps! I wouldn't hesistate to buy another one...

-Rob

·
Registered
430 Posts
So I put on a "HiViz" front sight, works great!
Also now you can get Mec-gar 15rd mags for the P95 I saw them available at Arizona Gun Runners for 19.95 in nickel.
Hey Stinger, how hard was it to install the front sight? I've been thinking about using my P95 in IDPA competition and wouldn't mind being able to see the sights better.

-Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.