Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody shot this one yeat. From what I gather, Ruger just broght this version out and looks like a pretty decent packing pistol.

I seriously doubt if used it for CCW I'd use anything other then .44 spl's in it, but it looks like a pretty versatile revolver.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It would make a good camp or farm gun for packing. It would give all the power a fellow would need I would say.

Best,Baldy.

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
werewolf,

The new 4" Redhawk is a fine looking revolver. Ruger finally got their "feces cohesive" concerning a packable barrel length. For a rough and tumble gun that is hell for stout this one would be hard to beat.
My problem is that I already have a 4" Anaconda and M-29. Somehow I can hardly justify, need, or want another .44 mag.

Wes

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since when does one need to justify another revolver - other than "I can".

That is a seriously fine looking piece - the fact that they now have it in 4" bbl makes it a pretty tempting.

Do I "need" it? Not likely - as my 4" bbl 686+ or my SP101 in 3" bbl probably fill any reasonable need (I doubt anytime soon I'll have to cap a grizzy bear breaking into my truck here on Galveston
) .

But I don't have any real big bore revolvers with the versatility this one could have, so that generates a "want one" attitude!

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
werewolf.

Well, it sounds that you have met the criteria for purchasing a new revolver...

As the man said; "just do it"

Please let us know how it shoots and handles.

Wes

G

·
I'm interested in the .45 Colt version. I carried my 7 1/2" bbl SRH .454 while in Alaska last summer, a pretty big piece for daily carry. I've loaded up some pretty hot .45 Colts (and Buffalo Bore has some too) that would keep me happy with a 4" RH .45 for this summer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is the grip frame (not sure of nomenclature) under the rubber grip the standard shape? I like the looks of the revolver and I'm sure the grips go a long way to help controlling the recoil, but I would like to know if other style Redhawk grips would work on it.

Thanks!

R/ DocV

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a used 4inch Redhawk a few months ago. It has a different sized grip than the other models. I also have it back to Ruger because it starts to stick after a dozen rounds are fired. I don't know if the barrel cylinder gap was too tight or what. I expect to find out soon. I know it is not my loads as I shoot them in three other .44s and have no trouble(all Smiths). It is a nicer carrying package than the longer barrels and I look forward togetting it back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts