Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought a heritige rough rider.17 convertible (has a .17 hmr cyl&.17 mach 2 cyl)from my gun dealer yesterday. i picked up 5 boxs of mach 2 ammo (already have plenty .17 hmr)and took it all to the range this morning .
i started out with the mach 2 cyl in the gun @15 yrds. with clean barrle it grouped 3/4 inch ,after 30 rounds it was holding a 1/4 in group .
@25 yrds it held 1/2 inch @50yrds it was 1/2 inch,not bad
i then switched to the hmr [email protected] yrds it grouped 1/2 [email protected] it grouped1/4 to 1/2 [email protected] it held closer to 1/4 in , ithink the 6in barrle helps the mach 2 ammo due to lower volocity
over all this is a fun to shoot set up ,the trigger pull was a little rough at first but it smoothed out after 50/60 rounds.
i then tried shooting it @100 yrds it grouped 3/4 to 1 in. but with a lot of hold over i then switched over to the mach 2 cyl and tried it @100 yrds it grouped 1 1/4 in not bad .
i do not have a .17 mach 2 rifle yet might have to get me one in the future

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great gun for competition.

I have the Heritage Arms Rough Rider with the .22LR and .22WMR cylinder and I dont get that great of groups (but then again, I dont get good groups with anything since im kind of new).

They are great guns though. Cheap, reliable, and a great beginners gun. I bought mine a little over a year ago for $150 OTD.

It was my first firearm ever and I dont think I will ever sell it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great gun for competition.

I have the Heritage Arms Rough Rider with the .22LR and .22WMR cylinder and I dont get that great of groups (but then again, I dont get good groups with anything since im kind of new).
keep practiceing glockfan you will get there

the one nice feature of this gun is that it has a TRUE SAFTEY BLOCK ! and it truely works ,i tried it several times it worked flawlessly!
mr. camp the mach 2 round is very pleasent to shoot ,while at the range a farther and 11 yr.old son were watching so i called the boy over ran througe the safety drills then let him shoot the pistol with the .17 mach 2 chamberin it .he did real well with the target,he had a 3/4 in.group for 4 targets
.turned out he had never fired a pistol only a rifle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You got 3/4 to 1 inch groups at 100 yards with a handgun and a kid who had never shot one got four 3/4 inch groups !!!!!!!!! WOW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You got 3/4 to 1 inch groups at 100 yards with a handgun and a kid who had never shot one got four 3/4 inch groups !!!!!!!!! WOW

hello kevin
yes 3/4 groups @ 100 yrds what i did not report was i had flags out and was only shooting in dead calm conditions and i was braced on a shooting stick to steady the revolver. i was holding over alot the .17 hmr is a flat shooting round but the mach2 is not quite as flat so i had to hold over a little more .
i went and bought some more .17 mach2 ammo and i am heading to the range shoortly to shoot this pistol some more :).a buddy of mine purchased the same pistol and we are going to break his in this morning.
these are econo single acction pistols but they are fairly accurat shooting pistols . iwill let you all know how it they do today.

jeff s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went to the range with the .17 hmr/.17 mach 2 revolver (a heritage rough rider)along with my buddys new one .
i will state that i like the .17 mach2 round . i think it is a good small varmit round like a .22lr its a neat round.

we started shooting @15 yrd with the mach 2 cyl.s in .
his gun started grouping 1 1/2 in at first .after 50 rounds it droped down to 1 in mine stayed right at 3/4 in groups.we then went to 25 yrds his gun was grouping 1 in mine turned in 3 3/4in proups and 1 1/4 in group all of a sudden ,one thing i notice was the sound of the shot was different,i had loaded my gun with his ammo he had gotten else where (diff. lot #)i then loaded with the same ammo i had and the group went right back to 3/4 in. i loaded his gun with my ammo and he shot just under 1 in,i then used his ammo in my gun and the groups went back up to 11/4 .
we then moved up to 50 yrds useing my ammo first his gun grouped 1in. mine printed just under 1 in not quite 3/4 we switched to his ammo and things got weird his gun grouped 3/4 and mine grouped just under 3/4this was on 5 targets (sure wish we had brought a cronograph)it sure made us go hmmmmmmmmm .we switch over to th .17 hmr cyl .
@15 yrds his went 3/4 mine the same
@25 yrds his went 3/4 mine just under 3/4
@50 yrds both guns went 3/4

we then went an shot some steel rams @50yrds the .17hmr would knock the right over .the mach2 would also but not as hard.
all in al i like the .17 hmr and mach 2 rounds in a revolver . :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts