Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the Brazilian S&Ws, but what other military revolvers might be found in .45 ACP? Any available on the surplus market?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hiya Johnny,

The milsurp market dried up years ago. In the mid-60's you could pick up cases of them for peanuts. Nowadays you just have to hit shows and see what you can find.

Besides the Brazilian 1917's, there are the WWI 1917's from both Colt and S&W (pricey).

If you're looking for a cheap(er) shooter you might look at ones originally in .455 that have been converted to use .45ACP. The collectors will usually pass them by, unless its some really rare variation.

Also, there are a LOT of Webleys that have been converted. In fact, its darn hard to find one in the original .455 anymore. Prices on them have been climbing lately also.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Pat

(corrected spelling....posting at 3AM does that)

G

·
While this new .45 ACP Smith and Wesson model 22 TR doesn't qualify as a military sidearm, it looks interesting nevertheless.

G

·
I bought one of those Model 22 TRs in the first run of 300. It's a nice gun and shoots well. A lot of the early ones had the wrong front sight on them, (too high), and shot very low with 230gr FMJs. Mine was sent back for that and I got a master revolver action job also. I slapped some Pachmayrs on it and I'm good to go. Because of the light barrel it carries quite easily in my inexpensive Tex Shoemaker IWB holster.

G

·
I just bought this... and I already am LOVING it

if not for the spiderhole it'd be almost perfect in every way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts