Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[quote:si34zqgh]National Firearms Research Institute

In 2002, the Russian firm of IZHMECH introduced a polymer framed, top break revolver reminiscent of the old Smith and Wesson Schofield. Chambered in .357 Magnum, it was intended for export to the US, thus its name, the REX (for Revolver for Export.)

However, the Clinton / Yeltsin agreement of the mid-

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I don't know how it shoot but it is cool looking and I have always loved the breakopen actions. I still remember Chard loading his Webley in the movie Zulu.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But, unfortunately, LelandRay is right.

This is an April Fool's prank.

The revolver is real, and it's really Russian. It's chambered in .357mag. Unfortunately, it's not available in the US nor is anyone, to the best of my knowledge, talking about importing it.

Happy April 1st... my fourth favorite holiday!

Josh <><

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy folks,

Well just as well, as I really hate stepping on toes. I was going to say since I don't personally want a pistol made of polymer, why in the world would I ever want to buy a revolver built on that subtance. Besides for a double action, I know the S&W trademark would have to be fraudulent (grinning).

twoguns

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The Czar purchased rights to manufacture the big S&W topbreak "Russian" model back in the 1870s and built several hundred thousand of them. The lock on this one looks very much like the old gun. I love the big S&W topbreaks, but the only one I own currently is the Performance Center Schofield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts